PDA

View Full Version : ;loc ?

tralkar
07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Addon for ;loc. Anyone? Is it aloud in game or not? I myself only tryed coding Wows crap and no nothing about here yet.. Thanks =)

teddyboy420
07-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Not sure what you mean by that.

I assume you are asking if it's possible to make an add-on that displays the results from ;loc ?

In which case I would have to say....I don't know. From what little knowledge I have of the capabilities of the LOTRO UI, I would have to say that it's probably not possible. The only thing that seems possible with this games UI is skinning, resizing, and repositioning of UI elements.

Or, maybe you're asking if there is a ;loc command in the game?

Which, there is. There are actually two loc commands in the game, /loc and ;loc. /loc returns a long string of coordinates which, I imagine, represents the global coordinates of a given spot and are used by the devs and the engine and don't seem to have any meaning to a player. While the ;loc command returns a simplified set of coordinates which is easier for the player to use when determining relative location in each zone.

Aalwein
07-06-2007, 06:06 PM
There's not anything we could mod for any command in the game. We are limited simply to artwork - the changing, resizing, and moving thereof - and that's it. Best you can do is hotkey ;loc and click it whenever you need it.

So if you're looking for something like continuously updated coordinates on the compass, like in WoW, we don't have the capability to do so.

tralkar
07-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Aalwein got what i ment, and thank you for the respond. thats realy what i was looking for, the compass thing. =)

ok i hear much about hot keys but can't seem to find anyway of making um?

Aalwein
07-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Check out this thread:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91

tralkar
07-07-2007, 05:47 AM
thanks alot, this will work for what i need..

*Edit* tryed this /shortcut 9 ;loc but it don't work right it just keeps giving me the one when making the hotbutton.. Any help on making it work?

Thanatos
07-09-2007, 03:13 AM
thanks alot, this will work for what i need..

*Edit* tryed this /shortcut 9 ;loc but it don't work right it just keeps giving me the one when making the hotbutton.. Any help on making it work?

Clear out the first button on your base quickbar.

/alias shortcut ;loc 0

That will make a basic Loc button, which you can then move wherever you like. Don't use it in a global channel like OOC, use Say or send yourself a Tell.

/alias ;loct /t yourname ;loc
/alias shortcut ;loct 0

You have to add a letter to make the custom version that will automatically send it to you as a Tell. You dont have to call it "LocT" (Loc Tell), you could call it something like nesw (compass directions) or whatever.
Of course, replace "yourname" with your character's name.

tralkar
07-09-2007, 11:24 AM
nice, im going to try that right now =)

*edit* ok i hade to try it 3 times but it works now? don't know why it didnt before... Thanks abunch