PDA

View Full Version : Welcome and Introductions (Post Hello's Here)

Cairenn
01-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Welcome everyone! We are very excited to be able to open the doors on LotROInterface.

I'll go ahead and start. Many of you will know me from our other sites, but for the rest of you:

Hi, my name is Cairenn. I am one of the founders and admins on our group of sites. We (myself, Dolby & Kudane) have been running interface sites for the MMORPG community for five years now. We currently have four sites with this being our fifth. You can find links to our other sites under the "Network" dropdown on the top bar.

Before anyone asks - yes I am an honest-to-goodness female. Still somewhat of a rarity in the MMORPG world I know, but there are a few of us around. :) I've been a fan of Interface "modding" ever since my introduction to it with EverQuest and my enjoyment of the communities that we create for those of like interests has only continued to grow over the years that I've been involved with it. I'm an even bigger fan of Tolkien's works and have been for as long as I can remember. I have worn out more copies of both The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Rings than I care to admit to. ;) I don't quite speak Sindarin but ...

Needless to say, when you combine Turbine, a company I have long admired, Interface modding, and nothing less than Tolkien's Lord of the Rings - if I got any more excited about this, I think I might explode.
:)

So, enough about me. Everyone, please do feel free to say "hi" and introduce yourselves. :)

Dolby
01-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Hello all, I'm Dolby. I take care of the site design, programing and servers for all our interface sites. I'm a big fan of LOTR and cant wait until this game launches!

Kudane
01-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Hello, I am Kudane, the third member of the Admin staff here. I like Cairenn and Dolby am a huge LOTR fan and looking foward to this game very much.

A bit about me. Founded EQInterface in July of 2002, and along with Dolby and Cairenn helped make it the most successful EQ UI site. Now it is the only one out there, but that does not stop us from trying. EQ2Interface and WOWInterface followed and Both have become leaders in their games for dependable UIs without viruses and keyloggers

Soooo we look forward to our 4th home-run site. Turbine has been really good to us so far and we forsee good things for all in the future!

/bow
Kudane

Itanius
01-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Hello my name is Itanius, and I'm addicted to UI modding. I've been a life-long fan of Tolkien's work and I'm eagerly anticipating LotRO. I hope it will replace my current MMO addiction (WoW) and be a long-time companion in and of itself.

/wave :cool:

Cairenn
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Welcome Itanius. First one to discover our stealth opening. ;)

DCPD158
01-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi Cair!

This is LC from your E'ci days. Looking forward to ya'lls UIs.

Cairenn
01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
LC!!!! *Tackle hug!*

err, umm

*puts on her professional attitude*

Hi, welcome to our site.

naaah ....

*Tackle hug!*

:D

And since I know what your username actually references - /salute :)

DCPD158
01-31-2007, 01:00 AM
I'll take both "tackle hugs"!

and its now...

Patrol Sergeant, Dodge City Police Department

Cairenn
01-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey, congrats on the promotion! :)

mojo420
02-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Greetings :)

Im new to the whole modding ui thing can anyone fill me in :)

Lotro rules!

Cairenn
02-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi Mojo420, welcome to the site.

What do you want to know? How to actually create custom Interfaces, or how to use ones created by other people?

Realize that we can't actually give you any specifics for LotRO yet as it is still in Closed Beta and thus NDA (non-disclosure agreement) rules apply, but a general overview of Interface customization as seen in other games can be discussed.

Bigleon
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey Y'all this is bigleon Represent'n Lol. Actully i'm a honest Newb to UI Editing, but hell it sounds like fun.

Honestly Big UI Changes I would like to try, is a "Auto Emoter" So I could have a few select bars for emotes say on right or left side of screen, click it and it emotes to slected players. Cause honestly if i'm gonna get any of those high amounts for special things I'm gonna need it. Also, you think we be able to pull of UI's like those used in wow. (Not auto casters) but as far as UI perforamce upgrades you get what i'm say'n? Yeah i'm abuse 'n oh well. Also another question while i'm at it. How come we can't use our custom pic for Avatar? Sorry i'm a ranter.

OH one more thing, I a Player on Brandywine Server, Kinship - DarkTemple My name is Abigale.. yeah i play chick players who cares lol.

Cairenn
02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi Bigleon, welcome to the site. :)

Bigleon
02-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Thank you for the welcome.

ElvenWitch
02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Hello,

ElvenWitch is what I usually go by but in LOTRO I'll be known as Jessmine.

I'm new to modding but it's something that i really want to get into. I'm currently trying my hand at modding a phpbb that I'm setting up for my friends but want to get into interfacing for the game as well.

My biggest drawback is that I'm not very artistic. So, I'm curious if that would be a problem or if there are ways around that?

Anyhow enough about me lets start seeing some of the mods :) No more NDA posting time YAY!!!

Cairenn
02-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Welcome ElvenWitch/Jessmine. :)

I'm quite sure there will be folks that will be willing to help you out with graphics work. Collaborations are great things. :)

And yeah, I can't wait for the mods to start going up too! *bounces*

Ravenhall
02-12-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm a veteran modder of other games (DAoC, balh blah) and I've been in beta since Beta 1 of LOTRO. I'm going to be posting some interfaces I've created over the next couple of days. I'm glad they finally lifted the NDA.

Bigleon
02-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I know, I'm so excited to see what comes up. I'd love to test skins.

Ghil
02-12-2007, 01:21 PM
hey :) I follow modding of MMOs for a great while but never actually got to modding myself. but this time, I'll be trying :)

Cairenn
02-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Ravenhall. Looking forward to seeing what you've already got on the go. :)

Welcome Ghil. You should give it a try, modding is fun! :)

stseibert
02-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Hello, sweet first one on the 3rd page. What do i get?

Cairenn
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
*Chuckles at stseibert* Looks like you've got it figured out pretty well. ;) Welcome to the site. :)

HighbornDemonaSolace
02-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello,
I am brand new to all of this. A good friend of mine pointed me towards this site. I too have been in LOTRO SOA since Beta 1. I can't wait to see what shows up here. No skill in skinning myself but that might be because I have never tried.

Ghil
02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
modding is basically making changes to interface to best tailor to your needs, by adding options, information, reskinning the UI, etc...

Cairenn
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the site HighbornDemonaSolace. :)

bushidow
02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
hello hello!

Cairenn
02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Welcome bushidow :)

Kassel
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Howdy all,

Been using UI Mods for most games for some time. Never attempted to mod on my own, but I sure appreciate all the time and effort put in by those of you that do. Never really expressed my thanks before, but better late than never!

Cheers,

Kassel

Cairenn
02-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey Kassel, welcome to the site. Aye, interface authors sure make all our games so much more fun, don't they? :)

Tulwen
02-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Hello! excited to see what you have to offer, Been a Mod fan for years now.. going back to the days up UO and using UOassist :)

Cairenn
02-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Tulwen. :)

Frosty
02-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi LoTROInterface!

I'm really interested to see what people come up with... already the invisible toolbar is great!

-P

Soliquin
02-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey guys.
Hope to get to see alot of great work here.

Cairenn
02-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey Frosty, Soliquin :)

/edit Okay, now that I have "permission" from both of them:

YAY! Welcome Frosty! YAY! Welcome agentfive! WooHoo!

*dances*

Fantus
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Heya! Just posted the UI I use at work... I hate silver. Possibly more to come...

Cairenn
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Already approved Fantus. :) Great to see another mod author on the site, welcome! :)

Sindi
02-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Dropping by to say hello! Hopefully this site will be a font of information for all the LOTRO players.

Cheers,

Cairenn
02-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Wheee, I love this, so many people to say "hi" to!

Hi Sindi. :)

Valaire
02-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi All. Am in CB, but have not played around with the interface too much. Joined it last week, but will be looking into it in a few weeks.

Cairenn
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the site Valaire. :)

Oberion
02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to UI customization but I'm hoping to learn more then I know and get help from anyone that is willing to help. I'm currently working on a kinship UI for the Iron-Gaurd.

Cairenn
02-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi Oberion. If this community shapes up the way all of our others have, I've no doubt you'll find lots of people here willing to help you learn. :)

xaosbringer
02-14-2007, 06:32 PM
The title sez it all.. Having been a serious user of WoWinterface, EQinterface & EQ2Interface, I thought it about time I get my hands dirty so to speak and have a crack at modding myself (not in a literal meaning). But until I do if folks want stuff tested then Im a monkey that'll try it out.

Xukii
02-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Hello, I got referred here a few hours ago from the officials (sry cant remember by whom, the thread mysteriously vanished when I went back to check). Nice to see some interest in modding / skinning but I think both coders and artists will agree the ball is firmly in Turbine's court if they want to see this aspect of its community grow. I'm horribly tired atm (from UK) so will pop back tomorrow for a browse around the site.

Cairenn
02-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey xaosbringer, nice to see you show up on another of our sites! :)

Welcome xukii. Sweet dreams. :)

jaws
02-14-2007, 07:21 PM
As with many others, I'd love to learn how to start modding the UI. Let's get this community going strong!

jasonspeed
02-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi. I just joined. This seems like a great site. I can't wait to see the cool new interfaces people come up with.

Cairenn
02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Jaws: The information we have thus far is in the Tutorial forum. Between that and downloading existing skins to see what they've done - have at it! :)

Jasonspeed: Welcome to the site. Looks to be a fun ride. :)

MentalPower
02-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey guys, I don't have the game yet, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi. If LotRO ever gets Lua'esque modding, count me in!

Cairenn
02-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Woot! Hey MP! *hug*

Ghil
02-23-2007, 06:55 AM
welcome :)

LittleWhiteDove
02-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi. Glad to have this site and looking forward to the game and to the mods I am sure you will all create.

Zedicius
02-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Guess I better say hi. I am new to the skinning game, but I am really liking it so I hope to produce a few mods. Don't hesitate to criticize me!

Zed

Cairenn
02-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome LittleWhiteDove and Zedicius. :)

xanius
02-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi, I'm Xanius. I have absolutely no artistic ability but I usually have neat ideas.

Cairenn
02-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey Xanius, welcome to the site. Suggestions are usually appreciated, helps get the creative juices flowing when someone is stuck trying to come up with an idea. :)

Daelina
02-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Hello to everyone ... hope LOTRO stay alive long time :)

Koiecks
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
:) :) :) Some of you may or may not have seen my name on the EQ2 site. I wish all of you a happy gaming time on LOTR

Hello :)

Cairenn
02-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey Daelina and Koiecks. :)

Belgor
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm Belgor, this was my second char I've created in the good old days of Ultima Online on the Catskills server.

Meridian59, UO, AO, SWG, EQ2 and finally WoW is my long list of online game addictions.

And since UOAssist I used nearly every possible 3rd party tool to make my online life easier. So WoW was really the heaven on earth with all the AddOns possible. I even learned some basics in LUA, just to get my AddOns quicker running again after major patches especially after TBC.

But after two years of WoW it seems I'm looking for another onlinegame because I'm unhappy with some changes, so I found LOTRO.

I'm well aware that it is in an early stage so not many infos are available about this game.
But the US site declined my beta application just because I'm from Germany, so I was needed to apply on lotro-europe.com with a horrible translated German version of the game. So I cannot even name the items correct and search in internet for infos :-(

I hope I will get tomorrow my preorder DVD and I can choose at least the british version.

Anyway I like the game already after two days played, BUT the auction house frontend is horrible, I can't even search for names since I have the German client. (Or doesn't it work at all?)

I'm ready to betatest any auction house interface mod, so if someone is already working on such thing, I'm ready to test it ;-)

I like to be early bird member of such a great site, that will be for sure grow as soon as there will be AddOns possible.

Cairenn
03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey Belgor, good to see another familiar face. :)

Reven
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
hello everyone :)

Cairenn
03-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Welcome Reven! :)

KeeVasha
03-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Excellent Site.. Excellent Info!

Kudos to All ;)

Cairenn
03-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Welcome KeeVasha! :)

Caslav
03-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Great job folks on a good looking and informative site.

Cairenn
03-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks Caslav, and welcome to the site. :)

Cripster
03-25-2007, 06:29 AM
Ok i love your guys and gals sites. Ive used EQ2interface.com and WOWinterface.com and now of course i will use this one. i dont know if i will actually try to make my own UIs but i will try to do what others did last time and make compilations of the great UIs that work together for ppl to download. I loved LEDMirage (or Insomniax as others know it) and promoted it whenever i had the chance. Great job on hopping on this game too. :D

Cairenn
03-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Cripster, good to see another old hand around. :)

Cripster
03-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome back. I have your site listed on the Community im part of www.lotroedge.com now and they love the guide you made for the user interface. They told me it was something they wished i would have found alot earlier since a few have been in closed beta.

Cairenn
03-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Glad to know that folks are finding it useful. :)

Jester
03-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Interesting site you folks have here. I'll be checking in from time to time.

Cairenn
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing you around Jester. :)

Kava
03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Reporting in =)

Looking forward to everything you guys have to offer!!

See you on Silverlode!

Cairenn
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi Kava, welcome to the site. :)

LedMirage
03-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I R teh n00Bz, I just found out there is a lotrointerface, but Cairenn is here!

Ahhh feels like being back home!
:) :) :)

P.S. will we be able to get autographed Cairenn Posters here precioussss?

Cairenn
03-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey hey Led! :)

No

Dolby
03-31-2007, 04:11 PM

I'm working on it. ;)

Wolf
04-01-2007, 08:07 AM

Interesting bunch, hehe. Just droppin in to say my little hello. Nice site so far. Glad to see it. Can't wait for more. I'll make sure to hang around. :cool:

Cairenn
04-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Lol. Welcome to the site Wolf. :)

FAITHHOPE
04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Just a quick word to say how exited I am .

and cant wait to slay a few orcs!:eek:

techsgtchen
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello :) I am excited about the game and hope that Turbine changes and adds an LUA-esque modding capability to the game.

Cairenn
04-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the site FaithHope and techsgtchen. :)

Micro
04-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Hello everyone this site was a great find keep up the good work.

Cairenn
04-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Thanks Micro, we'll certainly try to. :)

Pixi
04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Howdies.

Figured I'd give LoTR a shot since Vanguard turned out to be such a disappointment to me. I've been trolling the XXXinterface.com sites (and let's not forget equi.com hehe) since the dawn of man, approximately (though I have Genghiz Cohen as a username on the EQ1 site), and I'll probably stick around till I fall over dead. :p

Looking forward to see what you brainy interface folks can come up with for this game. :)

Cairenn
04-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Hey Pixi - gonna take a while to get used to the new user name. ;) Good to see you here. :)

Pixi
04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Hehe I haven't used Genghiz in a while (years? ish). The whole loyalty thread on VG was posted as Pixi... :o
As well as my feeble attempts at modding with the Burt Pack back at EQ2 launch hehe.

Cairenn
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I know, but I still know you as Genghiz, even though you've been using other names since. If I changed my name, you'd still always think of me as Cair. Same thing for me. Get to know someone, know them for quite some time as [Name], that will always be their [Name] in your mind. It's just remembering to call them by their new name that is the challenge. ;)

Pixi
04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
True. My Genghiz was a dear character back in EQ1 that I got really attached to and you know how it is hehe. It just didn't feel right. Pixi is nice and neutral (even if I tend to roll characters with that name - Amazons and Valkyries are too tempting to resist lol) and is my name of choice for forums now. :)

BuzWeaver
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Hello All.

Cairenn
04-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi BuzWeaver. :)

Greeen
04-16-2007, 10:20 AM
And another hello!
*waves*

Played since EU early beta. Nagged alot on Codie forums (same forum name as here) :D

Came by this site via Xukii.

*waves again and pulls out some nice Longbottem pipeweed, smokes a pipe*

Thaloss
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Hello all! So far I love the game, I'm on the Landroval (not sure about the spelling) server. My main is Selethen, also Thaloss and Machete. I may try my hand at this interface thing. Great site guys!

Cairenn
04-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the site Greeen and Thaloss. :)

Frosty
04-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey Everone, I'm Frosty and I've been working at Turbine for over six years now.

I'm "the guy" that came up with and implemented the skinning technology that
our engine uses.

My day job is the Tools Technical Lead for the game engine team overseeing our content pipeline all the way from the modeling software through our world building tools and into the packed .dat files your client uses. I'm one of about a dozen engineers that work on the "Turbine Engine" that is used internally for our different games.

Last year, I took a sabatical from my normal job and helped program the UI for LOTRO. I worked with a different dozen or so game systems engineers who are responsible for crafting the game on top of the Turbine engine.

Some of the questions I have the capacity to investigate or answer are:
- Can we get more IDs defined for our skins? (Yes, looking into it.)
- Why doesn't skinning work? (We all remember this one from closed beta - my bad.)
- Why did you choose such a weird XML format? (I'm an XML newb and this was easy.)
- What's your favorite vegetable? (Probably ketchup.)
- What was that hint you dropped about new skinning features being available in the month 1 patch? (What hint? I don't remember saying anything about that...)

Some of the questions I really don't know about:
- What are the sizes and alpha-ness of all the artwork?
- Blah blah blah artistic question blah click buzz?
- If a train leaves Chicago at 8am travelling 60mph and a girl is on the train and wants to buy 15 apples at 35 cents each, what time will the train reach Detroit if all the apples are Macintosh and not Granny Smiths?

-P

p.s. and the first initial is "P", not a one-eyed-tongue-sticking-out cyclops.

Cairenn
04-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the expanded introduction Frosty! :)

And I don't think very much of that train, Granny Smiths ftw! ;)

Windburn
04-19-2007, 04:15 AM
We even prefer Granny Smiths all the way over the other side of the Pacific, here in Australia! That train is *really* in the wrong business!

Ohhh, and I'm just here to say a quick hello!
I'm eager to get my hands dirty with this new skinning system (since it's sooo easy to work with). I'm a bit like Mr. Frosty here, except infinitely worse. I couldn't even tell you where the start or end to an xml file is, so I'm really glad it's implemented the way it is.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, I see lots of familiar (and talented!) faces from over at wowi, and I'm loving the direction this is going too!

Ciao ciao,

- Windburn

PS: Come say hi to me over on Vilya if you get a chance!
Character name is Evensong (A minstrel, so I'll even play you a ballad or two!)

Cairenn
04-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi Windburn! :)

Sabar
05-03-2007, 03:56 AM
Hi all.

First thing when I started to play LOTRO? "Man, this interface could use some fixing!" Being familiar with WoW and EQ2 Interface, I naturally expected there to be a website for LOTRO and here I am. Jumping into the modding scene early, makes it easier than getting in late. I'm a bad artist but I still like creating things, funny that. I'm a much better technical drawer than a creative one, but I try anyways.

More interested in the raw mechanics of the UI, but that isn't changable yet, so I might as well try skinning!

Cairenn
05-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Good to see another author on the site. Welcome Sabar. :)

Weskat
05-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Hmm, guess I didn't post a hello when I signed up here. So, without further ado,

Howdy all

p.s. I think the answer to the train is 16, because ice cream has no bones. Though that may be be answer to: How many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse? :confused: .

Weskat

Cairenn
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
*Chuckles at Weskat*

Trottimus
05-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Hello all,

How rude of me, I've slotted myself into this website and thrown two bars of mine on here without an introduction! Sorry about that! I didn't see this welcoming thread, I hope I am forgiven :)

I'm relatively new to this modding business, but I have been a huge fan of peoples work since my addiction to WoW, and with the release of LOTRO I feel it necessary to begin getting into it as it seems like a fun and rewarding process.

I came across this site directly from the official website, and i'm so glad I did.This community appears very friendly and helpful and I can't wait to see what happens on here in the future.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Trottimus

elfboy1
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Hello everyone,
Well to start off I am a very avid Tolkien/Middle-Earth fan, I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was nine and ten years old, I have also and started a collection of his other books (including Christopher's).

Lord of the Rings Online is my first MMORPG, I have waited 2+ years for it and hope to be playing for many years to come. After finding out that you could make custom UIs I had the pleasure of visiting this website and actually downloaded a custom UI and really enjoy it (Celtic). I hope to make my own custom UI in the future.

Cairenn
05-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi Trottimus and elfboy1! :)

anei
06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey there everyone.

Not really much to say about myself - apart from that I look forward to contirbuting and enjoying this site as it grows from strength to strength.

Long live lotro :)

Clattuc
09-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Looks as though the hello's have fallen a bit behind!

Thank you for providing this hospitality; if you are interested in being the next Dread Pirate Frodo, see me afterwards.

Cairenn
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
*chuckles at Clattuc*

Neurotic
12-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Hello one and all! I'm coming here one post too late, and that was, in retrospect, in the wrong folder. Still, better late than never I s'pose.

I'm strictly an amateur fiddler, you probably won't be seeing any contributions from me unless I can really kick H1cks's excellent editor into shape. But, I'm a happy camper and like to help when I can.

Right, that's it for the perfunctory hellos, back to the Index!

Cheers,

Neurotic. :)

BaaIZebub
12-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Hello all! I am a Video Game Artist from Scotland, working in Salt Lake City.
Since I deal with graphics all day at work, I rarely have the desire to come home and do the same, but sometimes I dabble.

Like now, I couldn't find a minimap I liked, so I just knocked one up. I've posted a thread on general about it to see if anyone wants it.

I'm also modding the buttons from Grey UI, not a fan of the borders on such tiny icons.

Ok, back to the modding :)

Cairenn
12-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Hi Neurotic and BaaIZebub. :)

Wicked Mouse
03-25-2008, 08:26 AM
I'll just say "hi" as a "fresh author" too :)

I've read about LOTRO in 2004, but well it was just a few teasing pictures back then. In January 2007 I was offered a small peek into closed beta by a fellow guild/community member and since then I was sold. I've played WoW for 2 months, so was familiar with the MMORPG genre, but found this so much more immersive. Got myself an account too and grabbed the opportunity to test all classes to about lvl 12 and monsterplay. Didn't want to play much more/further, not to spoil any more at launch in 28 April 2007. Got myself pre-order and Collector's Edition and still a happy gamer on the Laurelin server (not so much an RPer, but like it occasionally)!

Being a graphics person I've always been intrigued by "skinning", as it would give a simple solution to change a complicated piece of software to your own liking. I've skinned ICQ and WinAMP very simply back in 2000-2001. Didn't dig into WinAMP or even Windows Media Player a lot, as it would need a lot of study into codes too, and I'm no programmer.

Recently I took the opportunity to make one I felt I was missing on LOTROinterface.com, and so made a Hobbit UI where I could go full throttle on flower, leaves and wood :D When I finalized it, I'll maybe make more :)

Beorn
05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Hello all, not a modder myself but just to say I enjoy and appreciate the work you guys put in to make those little details extra special for all of us to enjoy.

Keep up the good work.

zanntis
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone.

I have used Mods with EQ2 the eq2map and a crafting UI mod. LotRol interface mods are new.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I am looking for map mods, compass mods or anything to help my poor dyslexic brain stop getting turned around and lost.

I learned the in game /alias ;myloc /tell CHARACTER NAME ;loc then ;myloc to get my longitude and latitude 28.5s, 63.3w for instance. I see at Allakhazam good maps with lost of information.

Is there a Mod that I can use to get a map point in game, a very basic dot to help me find my way?

So far that is the only in game UI function that is bugging me. If you have any other recommendations to enhance my gaming experience I am interested.

I thank you in advance for your help and wisdom.

Gaylen
07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
LOTRO does not allow mods. We're only able to reskin the UI.

zanntis
07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
LOTRO does not allow mods. We're only able to reskin the UI.

Oh thank you. I thought anything that changed the original game was a modification, I did not know there was a difference. I'll go read some more.

Ollok
06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I just wanted to say hello. I am new to this site, and have already begun to use several of the great skins that I found. I have also got the bug to try and do a little sesigning myself. I think I will most likely start by playing around altering others, untill I get the feel of this. To be honest the last programing type stuff I did was when Basic was THE thing. That was back when the Commadore 16 was the newest and greatest computer to hit the shelves. And the Internet wasn't even there. So I may have alot of questions. But I hope to get a little fun out of this all the same.
:o

And see...I started right off putting this in the wrong thread....see what I have to deal with.....:o :0

Cairenn
06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the site Ollok. :)

Brygard2007
06-08-2009, 12:20 AM
:cool:Welcome Ollok.:)

Yeah that's how I learned and started when I was messing around Ledmirage and Dewee UI's about 2 years ago.

After I grasp the concept what makes the UI work then I started my first UI and released it nervously.

But don't let that stop you :D, and once again welcome to the site.:)

josephmil
06-14-2009, 04:05 AM
Hi,

I'm a big LotR(O) fan as well as DnD. Can't wait to get on with some modding (I am pouring over the guides as we speak!).

Keep up the good site! :)

Cairenn
06-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the site Josephmill. :)

Yhor
07-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Hail all. I'm Yhor, a Race of Man Champion on the Landroval server. I recently returned to LOTRO (around mid April) after leaving the open beta, and very happy to have done so. I've always been a fan of Tolkien's work, it gives such a feel of immersion. I'm just happy to see how smooth everything has become in game since my departure, it gives me that same feeling as reading (well, not exactly, but close :))

I've always enjoyed the community on the ...interface.com sites that I've been a part of and I look forward to whatever I may find here, from a new skin, or a new friend (or both if I'm lucky ;)). I'm not a very original guy, in the way of skinning and modding, but I do enjoy making things 'right for me' when I come across something close. I do think I'll be making more attempts at original stuff this go round, though, given that this game gives a lot of original inspiration.

/salute

Cairenn
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
/me huggles Yhor :)

Belecthor
12-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi there,

I've been looking into this website for ages now, and i've used some nice interfaces from this site.
Now I finally registered... 'bout time :)

I am currently working on a slotbar for my kinship, so I will be posting more in future... u probably will see lots of posts from me starting with .... HELP !!!
LOL...

Cheers all,
Belecthor

HilaryDuffGta
12-06-2012, 10:24 PM
im todd aka duffy as i am known on the forums i visit, i am really into lotro now and am working on a lore master,i came here hopign to find good interfaces to use because the pets are becoming a hassle as they block up some of my slots.

looks like a cool site,hope i can find my way around here

Wizhunter
03-20-2015, 06:12 PM
My Name is Wizhunter and i have been playing online games since...well a long time ago :p.I have played WoW and Guildwars 1 and 2 for a number of years and recently got asked to try this..Still trying to get to grips with how it works atm and will also be looking for some friendly faces Online to steer me in the right direction.
Thanks for allowing me to join the LOTRO Interface,i look forward to making some more online friends

Wizhunter

XFaern
04-17-2020, 08:28 AM
But here I am to say "Hi," I'm a long time MMO player and new to LoTRO Interface.

Obinor
04-27-2020, 12:30 AM
Hiya! I've playing MMOs for about 13 years, and LOTRO was my first and undying love. I currently have three main toons on Anor -- Minstrel, Burglar, and Lore-Master.

I created an account here a few days ago to express my appreciation for Adra's work on the excellent JRR Skins Collection (https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info581-JRRSkinscollection-Atributetomiddleearth.html), but you'll probably see me around here a bit more going forward. I've browsed this site and messed with various plugins and skins over the years, but I've only recently done anything "serious" with plugin coding and skin design.

I'm currently working on a comprehensive rework of the LOTRO interface using Adra's "JRR C" skin as a template/guide. (Adra, if you read this, thank you for all the helpful code-comments -- they've been a huge boon to my learning process :D )
My goals are to create a skin that will 1) make it easier for me (recently diagnosed with ADD) to navigate the interface quickly and efficiently without unnecessary distraction, 2) serve as a "dark mode" for LOTRO, and 3) drastically reduce the clutter and dead-space in the interface overall to make it more space-efficient on screens with resolutions of 1080p and lower.

Once I've completed those three objectives, I'd like make a variant of the skin designed for higher screen resolutions. I currently play on an HD monitor, but I've heard a lot of complaints from other players with 1440p/4k monitors...

If you're interested in working with me or if you feel you could add something to the project, I'd love to collaborate! Shoot me a PM -- or catch me in-game if you're on Anor! My handle is the name of my main character. :)

XFaern
05-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Once I've completed those three objectives, I'd like make a variant of the skin designed for higher screen resolutions. I currently play on an HD monitor, but I've heard a lot of complaints from other players with 1440p/4k monitors...

Well met. I've made a few modifications to the skin files I use for my 1440p monitor, so I'd be interested in seeing what you do with it :)