PDA

View Full Version : Transparency on windows please

oldmanwhoplays
06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
I am quite grateful for the work done here and the pleasure that you have added to my gaming experience. I have used several of these interfaces, and they make a real improvement. My request is for some of my favorites to follow Ledmirage's example in LM Durin's Folk and make the windows transparent so I can see behind the display. I find this very helpful in all aspects but especially combat and gathering resources when I don't want a window to block anything. Perhaps others share this request or perhaps I am just pushing. No matter what is done, these interfaces are great and are much appreciated. Thanks, all!

Grimholm
06-21-2007, 06:09 AM
I don't really know, what you are talking about. You transparency on the windows. Ok, but there are already many semi-transparent UIs like ArenUI 2.0 (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info86-ArenUIv2.0.html). Are you looking for full transparency? Maybe you can explain it with some pictures (or in german *g*) ;)

Crumby
06-25-2007, 09:28 AM
To add to this or another question. Is there a UI that allows windiows especially raid window to be transparent or am I just missing the option some place. The raid window is way to big eats up most of the screen and blocks most of what is going on during the raids.

oldmanwhoplays
06-27-2007, 03:32 PM
My apologies for not being very clear in my request. I am referring to the ability to see behind the displayed windows, such as the Character Window or Crafting Window. Yes, Arena is a good example of such transparency as are a few others. Unfortunately, my eyes are unable to find 'many' of such UIs though I find a few. What would be great is the ability to adjust the transparency to suit one's desires. Perhaps by changing some value in the source. However, I don't know how to do this. Perhaps it is a simple thing that I could do with any UI. I don't know.

Thanks for the inquiry and I hope this clears up my small request.

Khanon
06-28-2007, 06:20 AM
My apologies for not being very clear in my request. I am referring to the ability to see behind the displayed windows, such as the Character Window or Crafting Window. Yes, Arena is a good example of such transparency as are a few others. Unfortunately, my eyes are unable to find 'many' of such UIs though I find a few. What would be great is the ability to adjust the transparency to suit one's desires. Perhaps by changing some value in the source. However, I don't know how to do this. Perhaps it is a simple thing that I could do with any UI. I don't know.

Thanks for the inquiry and I hope this clears up my small request.

Unless I am mistaken, most of those transparencies in the custom ui's you see are done in the image, altering the alpha channel of the image to cause them to be partially transparent.

As far as I know, party, self, target, and raid objects are not alterable...yet...