PDA

View Full Version : Plugin Updater

Emberleaf
06-27-2011, 08:52 AM
This one isn't really meant to be an in-game plugin, but rather a simplified interface that would automagically check for updates to currently installed plugins and, at the users discretion, download and install them. I'm envisioning it being something you would just run outside of LOTRO. What do you all think? Is it even possible?

Fortunis
06-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Curse Client / Curse.com springs to mind with this. Im not sure about the ins and outs of its function, but i would guess that for a lotro plugin updater, the program would have to communicate with the website that is hosting the new/updated plugins (lotrointerface).

MrJackdaw
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
...Interface (Wowinterface, Lotrointerface and one would assume Riftinterface) would be linked to the MMOUI minion. As I understand it - just takes someone to write the code for the minion. I could be wrong though!

Cairenn
06-27-2011, 02:52 PM
...Interface (Wowinterface, Lotrointerface and one would assume Riftinterface) would be linked to the MMOUI minion. As I understand it - just takes someone to write the code for the minion. I could be wrong though!
You're correct MrJackdaw. We want there to be a module for LotROI, we've just not yet had the time to create it. =/

Emberleaf
06-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Took a look at the MMOUI Minion and it is *exactly* what I was envisioning! Oh pleasepleaseplease someone with more skills/talent/brains/intestinal fortitude than I...please tackle this one!

There could be pie involved. Seriously. :P

Uthboth
06-28-2011, 07:24 PM
It's been a wish of ours around here for a while and with Lotro supporting plugins now it would be really nice to see it supported. I know it's a work in progress so I can understand that it's not ready yet. Looking forward to the day that it is. :o

Sundown
09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
I know this is a thread that's been around for a while but this would really be AWESOME!!!

lunarwtr
12-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I have taken a try at making an updater app. I'm trying to teach myself a little .net as I go. http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info663-LOTROPluginCompendium.html