PDA

View Full Version : Mail Notification Sound

Samooryesord
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I hate how I never know when I get mail unless I look ALL THE WAY over to my notifications bar (lolz =P) Is it at all possible for someone to make a sound play whenever you receive mail? Like maybe a Ding or a Bing or a Ring or maybe a cow going Mooooo! I don't really care what the sound is, I just want some kind of sound to alert me when I have mail or something sells on the auction house.

Garan
05-05-2011, 05:14 PM
The Lua interface in LoTRO does not currently have any interaction with mail or the alerts panel and there is currently no way of playing sounds via LoTRO's Lua interface, so unfortunately this is not at all possible at this time via Lua :(

TheShawnThomas
05-08-2011, 02:35 PM
does this also mean there is no way to have an audio alert when my morale or power get below a certain percentage?

For healers this would be great if you got an audio alert when someone in fellowship got low.

Is this a plugin that someone has done already?

Garan
05-08-2011, 02:57 PM
does this also mean there is no way to have an audio alert when my morale or power get below a certain percentage?

For healers this would be great if you got an audio alert when someone in fellowship got low.

Is this a plugin that someone has done already?
Plugins currently have no way to play any audio under any circumstance - we can't even enter music mode or play an .abc file without user input. Plugins also only have access to the current player's attributes, so they can not alert healers to fellowship members with low morale. I agree, it would be nice to play a sound or even flash or change the color of the Name or Morale of fellowship members when they reach a particular level, same for Power and curable diseases or wounds for LMs, and curable poison for hunters, etc. I'm pretty sure that as soon as such capabilities are added, atleast half a dozen existing plugins will be expanded to show this.

Digital_Utopia
05-08-2011, 03:24 PM
definately not possible without use of an external app. As others have said, there's no audio support at all in Lua at this time, but the existence of Lua does make it possible to provide more customized feedback to outside apps - as opposed to Lua being able to accept feedback via reading modified data from its settings files.

however, I'm stuck in an internal ethical battle between the desire to bend the game to suit great ideas of my own and the community - and the belief that Lua scripting itself should be suitable to handle these requests.