PDA

View Full Version : Quest Database Addon

lunarwtr
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
I've written a questing database addon for LoTRO. I know of similar questing addons for games like warcraft (Lightheaded), that used Wowhead as a source for its data. I know many of these sites are all affiliated through ZAM network (including this forum).

With this in mind I have the following questions.

1) Does anyone know the stance of ZAM on addons such at this using some of their quest data? I notice on the LOTRO allakhazam site they have a link to the GPL license at the bottom of their screen, but unsure what it refers to.

2) Does anyone know the correct people to contact?

3) Does anyone know another great source of questing information that I might be able to reach out to instead if this doesn't pan out?

That said the search engine & UI component of my Addon is complete, but don't feel right releasing till I have some feels for the above questions.

Thank you for your time.

daimon
02-10-2011, 04:55 AM
I'd say wait a reply from Cairenn and/or Dolby.

lunarwtr
02-15-2011, 06:37 PM
After several emails, PMs, and a post, I've yet to hear any word on this. For time being I will move to other avenues to populate database. Will keep you all posted.

EDIT: In hindsight, my post is confusing.. I'm referring to getting word back from recommending parties regarding use of the data.

daimon
02-16-2011, 04:32 AM
I'll ask them later this day via IRC if they're online. Sorry for keep you waiting.

Cairenn
02-16-2011, 07:52 PM
:confused: I responded to your PM?

lunarwtr
02-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm referring to hearing from Zam. Was just letting you all know the status so far. I've been very pleased with the lotrointeface community to date. You are all very friendly and active people. Again, if I ever hear anything I will let you all know.

:confused: I responded to your PM?

lunarwtr
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Just wanted to let you know I have finished with 1.0-beta of this addon. Thank you for your help Daimon & Cairenn!