PDA

View Full Version : Directory problems with 1st Skin

TimeStamp
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Wow, what a dumb question. Nevertheless, I can't get past it, so I'll ask.

I'm on Windoze 7 and have downloaded a skin (DailyTasks by name). I unzipped it on my desktop and then created directories as follows:

C:/Users/<me>/MyDocuments/The Lord of the Rings Online/ui/skins/DailyTasks

Everything up to the LOTRO directory was already created by LoTRO, and it also contains UserPreferences.ini and lotro.keymap. I only created the ui/skins/DailyTasks dirs.

I copied the unzipped files from DeskTop to the DailyTasks dir.

Then I entered the game, went to the UI Settings>Misc and hit the drop down box.

Zip. Zilch. Nada.

I've checked all the spellings of the dirs. I even tried renaming the directory to ui/skins/DT since all the files inside it were DT_xxxx ... No difference. And of course, I exited the client completely after the changes to the directories, and got the same nothing.

The client just does not find the directory for the skin.

Eili
01-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I cant explain about Windows 7 and what you have to do with folders BUT

Daily Tasks is not a UI SKin, it is a plugin.

You have to install it as mentionned in the DailyTask folder, and then to load it in game you have to type in chat

/plugins load Daily Task (use the complete name of the plugins, DailyTasks i think)

From memory but at least it should be good

then you will be able to type again in chat /dt help and you will see all the commands working for that plugin.

TimeStamp
01-11-2011, 09:21 PM
OK. I did that....

Created /The Lord of the Rings Online/Plugins/DailyTasks
With all the files in there.

Did /plugins refresh (Available None)
Did /plugins list (Available None) (Loaded None)
DId /plugins load DailyTasks (Unable to load "DailyTasks")

Exited LotRO and even rebooted my system.

Still got nothing.

I'm sure I'm doing something basic wrong, but I don't see what it is.

Fringe
01-12-2011, 04:34 AM
Unless something has changed since the last time I installed DT the directory needs to be:

\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\MyPlugins\DailyTasks

TimeStamp
01-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I had to create an xml file: DailyTasks.plugin in the Plugins directory before LotRO would find it for the /plugins list function. Unfortunately, it did not load. "Unable to resolve package DailyTasks".

I'm going to take this to the thread for DailyTasks... since I downloaded another plugin successfully.

Thanks

Medalis
01-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I am having difficulties getting plugins to work properly/load properly in LOTRO in Windows 7.

I have created in the Documents folder \The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\MyPlugins folders

I have tried unzipping BuffBars-1.1.7.zip into both the \Plugins and the \MyPlugins folders. I go into game and type /Plugins refresh and get a message that Available Plugins: buffBars (1.1.7)
When I type /Plugins Load BuffBars I get ,Unable to resolve package "PengorosPlugins.bufBars.Main".

I have tried to unzip lotro_mod_manager_1.0.zip into both of the plugins folders but get no listing in game for anything associated with that package.

This is very frustrating :mad:

One other bit of info: I installed LOTRO to a different partition than the default C:
I dont know if this has anything to do with the plugins not working correctly or not.

Wicked Mouse
01-15-2011, 06:36 PM
As far as I know, plugins have to be put into the Plugins folder, so Chiran's Songbook is in its folder "Chiran". So the plugin file is:
.\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Chiran\songbook.plugin
TonicBars plugin I have in:
.\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Tonic\tonicbars.plugin

FYI: I have LOTRO Installed on E:\The Lord of the Rings Online\ Such issues have nothing to do with Windows 7 nor with installing LOTRO on a different drive/partition/directory than default.