PDA

View Full Version : LocalPlayer (a table value)? WTH

goldbishop
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Ok, logged in today and tried to get my plugins loaded. Checked my order of processing and everything seems good.

Got this stream of errors about LocalPlayer

... Online\Plugins\KragenPlugs\KragenBars\ChampBars.lu a:119: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
Bevy O' Bars version 3.1b by MrJackdaw - enjoy!
...he Rings Online\Plugins\JackdawPlugins\Bevy\Main.lua:53: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
...ngs Online\Plugins\OneBigBag\Bag\OneBigBagWindow.lua:1 04: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
BuffBars v1.1.4 by Pengoros
...Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopia\Palantir\MainWindo w.lua:51: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
Loaded plugin "manager".
You have spotted a creature attempting to move stealthily about.
... Online\Plugins\KragenPlugs\KragenBars\ChampBars.lu a:119: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
...he Rings Online\Plugins\JackdawPlugins\Bevy\Main.lua:53: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
...Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopia\Palantir\MainWindo w.lua:51: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
[Kinship] Gonzostyle: very nice
BuffBars v1.1.4 by Pengoros

I heard about making sure that you have the window visible and it is set in the Main.lua file and is <object>.SetVisible(true)

Outside of that im afraid they may have simplified the Framework without posting an updated library.

Kaisoul
11-30-2010, 12:03 AM
its been known that would happen and some authors have posted updates to fix that already. Just have some patients or go fix it your self ^_^

Wicked Mouse
11-30-2010, 07:39 AM
You should post error in the appropriate file comments or in a tell to the author :)

Digital_Utopia
11-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Please check the appropriate pages for those plugins, as many authors have already released updates that compensate for the changes that came with the most recent game update.

In this particular case, the game update changed the behavior of the LocalPlayer class - which is used to access the player. Instead of calling it like:

player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer();

you now need to do:

player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance();

MrJackdaw
11-30-2010, 05:13 PM
I have updated the SVN version of Bevy Bars with this line, Thanks Digital Utopia!, but I don't want to push it live yet.

The file you need to replace can be accessed here (http://svn.lotrointerface.com/listing.php?repname=BevyoBars&path=%2Ftrunk%2FJackdawPlugins%2F&rev=0&sc=0)... Although I am not 100% certain you won't need the other files from there...

EDIT: And I, of course, can't test this being in the EU...