PDA

View Full Version : Panels to modify or add after patch

Eili
11-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I thought some of you might want to see what they will have to modify once the patch is going live.

Warning : my UI is a personal one, made because of the work of Black Vellum aka ZhuHanuku, Daimon, Celtic, Jappme, Wicked Mouse and Ray. I used a bit of this and a bit of that from their creation and adapted it to my own feeling, the most important of it beeing the transparency. (and i am still working on it).

I hope i will not break any rules with all the pictures coming.

So here are my last pictures of last night from Bull.

1 - Crafting panel (the one from Crafting Dialog by Amalise @ Lotrointerface modify by JappMe-->)
http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00030.jpg

Removing the Amalise work from the skin definition (but keeping all my tga files corrected the changes at least for me. I will just have to find out what are the blue area.
http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00052.jpg

2 - Quest panel (based from Ray UI and Black Vellum UI)
In fact the changes did not modified this panel for me as the size was the one of the game.
But for those who want to know the changes :
- new button added (9)
- Daily tasks
- Button Lotro shop increase daily limit.
http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00054.jpg

3 - Panel character modifs :

1 - the money bar (they added a Tome button)
2 - a new slot added on the outfit tab
3 - new button to change your name

http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00046_cr.jpghttp://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00050_cr.jpg

As this panel was only an appearance modification, i corrected for now the money bar error by adding blank.tga to their definition file.

4 - Deedlog (from Jappme but modified)
- new tab added for Reputation.
http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00025_cr.jpg
Did not worked on that yet but i am working on the transparency of my tabs so it will be done later this day :)

5 - Vault, Bank, Wardrobe
Significative and very important change.
You can now resize in game those 3 panels window and open them from each panel too (new icons)
They added too much so i think pictures are way better to explain.
http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00062.jpg

6 - New panels or renamed

http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00033_cr.jpg
http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00035_cr.jpg

So far this is all i could find out.

I hope it can help you a little.

daimon
11-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the screenies. Very interesting as i don't have active Bullroarer acco. .. They just had to add "Buy Rename" button on the character screen ...

Eili
11-25-2010, 02:17 PM
if you want me to test out some of your stuff dont hesitate.

I am using XP, with a 1680x1050 screen. I wont move from home today so if i can help you :)

daimon
11-25-2010, 02:23 PM
it's ok Eili. thanks. I just disable the stuff that won't work for now. will fix them in time and when there's resources what changes they made.

ZhuHanuku
11-29-2010, 11:30 PM
As this panel was only an appearance modification, i corrected for now the money bar error by adding blank.tga to their definition file.

The money bar is pretty much the worst from this update for Black Vellum. Not too bad. I agree that the temporary fix is to replace the tga with blank.tga. I'm not sure it's significant enough to re-post the ui though. I'll probably just wait for the names of the other backgrounds (quest giver, vault, wardrobe & storage) to be posted and fix everything at once.

I hope i will not break any rules with all the pictures coming.

No problem as far as I'm concerned. Use as many parts of Black Vellum as you like for your own use. I'm always interested to see what people do my interfaces. I like how you turned the attunement panel sideways above the auto-attack box.

Eili
11-30-2010, 12:27 AM
I am almost done giving an identic look at my UI and i will post it once done so all you great creators can see what i did with your work.

As i said it is for personal use only and in no way meant to be posted for download.

Spending my time on this gave me great fun even if some headache too. I still search how to modify some parts but i wait until the new assets to see if its available.

Ray
11-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Great! I'm very curious about the new AssetID's, as I can't find the appropriate ones for new buttons and panels. :confused:

Trying to find AssetID's cost me a lot of time, so I posted a topic on the Turbine forum to publish a changelog for UI skins. Let's hope they read the suggestion and do something with it...

Ray

Wicked Mouse
11-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Where I can I rather stick to the default setup so when the update hits EU, and they publish the new ArtAsset pack, I'm gonna remove the tweak for the crafting panel and just skin the default graphic files. For all other stuff, I'll just have to see how things turn out to be :)

Wicked Mouse
11-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the screenies. Very interesting as i don't have active Bullroarer acco. .. They just had to add "Buy Rename" button on the character screen ...

Maybe the devs were able to make renaming automatic. Not sure. As far as I know renaming always had to be done manually.

Ray
12-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Maybe the devs were able to make renaming automatic. Not sure. As far as I know renaming always had to be done manually.

As the released the Release Notes for the November Update:
http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Release_Notes_November_2010_Update_Official
Turbine speaks of "Automated Character Rename" (section 10), so indeed it would seem that they created an automated script to rename characters...

Any idea about those AssetID's? :D

jlmsaw
12-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Some AssetID's I found for the new quest giver window (image at bottom)

Backgrounds:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="expanding_deco_bg_mid" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="expanding_deco_bg_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="expanding_deco_bg_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>

expanding_deco_bg_right is for the left side
expanding_deco_bg_left is for the right side
there's also expanding_deco_bg_right_vr2 and expanding_deco_bg_left_vr2 but I didn't notice any changes with those

Corners:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="silver_border_top_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="silver_border_bottom_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="silver_border_top_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="silver_border_bottom_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>

Inner borders:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_top_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_top_mid" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_top_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_left_mid" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_right_mid" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_bottom_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_bottom_mid" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="quest_dialog_blue_bg_bottom_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>

Accept Button:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Left" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_left_normal.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Left_Highlight" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_left_mouseover.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Left_Pressed" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_left_pressed.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Mid" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_mid_normal.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Mid_Highlight" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_mid_mouseover.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Mid_Presses" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_mid_pressed.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Right" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_right_normal.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Right_Highlight" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_right_mouseover.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="CharGen_Buttons_Triskel_Right_Pressed" FileName="Panels\Buttons\textbutton_right_pressed.tga"></Mapping>

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2218/questwindowartids.png

Wicked Mouse
12-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I'd still wanna see the actual graphic files, since I also look at how the alpha channel is utilized :) But thanks for the information!

daimon
12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
excellent job finding these out

Eili
12-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I managed so far to work on the Bank, shared Vault and wardrobe panels. I have now to wait for the release to find the assets i need to finish.

http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00004.jpg

this is a test on a 1024x768, all transparent. I need to found how they named the tabs (i guess there is something with repository but not sur yet).

And as you can see, in top and botton there is still 2 blue assets that i cant remove.
The fillbar is just a test too, that is not my definitive version on the picture.

Time to wait and hope that we will get that before next year :mad:

jlmsaw
12-20-2010, 02:50 PM
The two blue assets you're missing are:
vault_expanding_background_top_center
vault_expanding_background_bottom_center

Some of these are already known, but here's my incomplete list for the bank/shared/wardrobe.

<!--meter-->
<Mapping ArtAssetID="storage_fill_frame" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<!-- <Mapping ArtAssetID="storage_fill_base" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>-->

<!-- header bars (ButtonBar for wardrobe) -->
<Mapping ArtAssetID="storage_sortbar" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="ButtonBar" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>

<!-- corners -->
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_top_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_top_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_bottom_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_bottom_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_top_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_top_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_bottom_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_bottom_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>

<!--backgrounds-->
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_top_background" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_bottom_background" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_top_center" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_bottom_center" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="storage_header" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="storage_bottombar" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>

<!--Unknown-->
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_top" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_top_middle" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_left" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_middle" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_right" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_bottom" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="vault_expanding_background_bottom_middle" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_top_background" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_bottom_backgro und" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_top" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_top_middle" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_bottom" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="shared_storage_expanding_background_bottom_middle" FileName="General\invisible.tga"></Mapping>

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/341/storageassets.png

Ray
12-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Brilliant! Now I can update my skin further :-)
Thanks for finding guys!

I don't wanna push the luck, but did you find the asset-id of the "character rename" button on character panel and the "Get recipe" or "ingredients" buttons in craft panel as well? I expect them to be the same, maybe similar as the "Upgrade" and "Get more space" buttons shown above in the vaults...

Thanks again :)

Cheers,
Ray

Eili
12-20-2010, 08:04 PM
To jlmsaw : thank you very much, i totally missed those. My Vault/Shared/Wardrobe are almost done, just now to find the button bags for those.

will do that this evening.

-----------------

May be you know those already but i found also how to change the Barter Skirmish window

<Mapping ArtAssetID="PaperItemPanel_Rt_top_corner" FileName="blank.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="PaperItemPanel_Lt_top_corner" FileName="blank.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="PaperItemPanel_Rt_bottom_corner" FileName="blank.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="PaperItemPanel_Lt_bottom_corner" FileName="blank.tga"></Mapping>

Those remove as in the above panels the decor on the right left bottom and top.

and of course :) as you can see on the picture i still have difficulty to find what they use or call the top window :(

http://www.zoopsie.com/download/changes/ScreenShot00007_cr.jpg

Wicked Mouse
12-20-2010, 08:36 PM
How do you find all this? :) And can you maybe tell the widths and heights of the images? Would be very useful. I not only use the art asset pack for the asset IDs but also use the images to get the right sizes.
Nevertheless, this will help skinning those parts a bit :)

Eili
12-20-2010, 10:01 PM
oh la la how i do ... dont laugh, because i am kinda doing this as if i was at the first age of internet.

I remembered that .dat usually have all i need but i dont know very well how its work.

I use a little progam called Hex Editor Neo to open my client_general.dat, and then i save the file under a .txt

After that begin the strange, and time consuming research : i use Textpad to do a Find in files any word that i guess could be directly related to the changes.

So i made a search on :
- Vault
- Bank
- Shared
- Storage
- Wardrobe

once i obtain a kinda search file, i continue the search with new words, like for example Expand and so on.
Took me about 10 days to find all i wanted. (bad eyes here)

For the Barter after a search giving nothing i suddenly realised that the good name would probably be in the menu but nothing and it was pure luck to find that they called it PaperItemPanel.

So you see, i must be crazy to do all that silly search for an UI but for an unknow reason, my UI window is at least as much important to me than the content of the game and i definitly dont like the Lotro one. So ....

----
as for the widths and Eights, for now i changed nothing and only use the basic ones. Vault, shared, wardrobe and Barter are all resizable now directly in game.
I dont have the file themselves but only the name after some search and guess and i work with that.

Kalex
12-21-2010, 10:00 AM
I wish we had annotated pics of all the panels up, say in the wiki. It would help out new and inexperienced skin authors tremendously.