PDA

View Full Version : map markers/notes

amerinese
09-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up, but I always wished there was a way we could add markers to points of interest on our map, and a small note. Maybe if you play multiple characters and need to find a rather lowly populated mob for a deed, you could mark a place where you find them.. or to mark where you found shard/flake droppers or really for any reason. Maybe even drag the mouse to create an "area" of interest similar to the way the quest tracker does it. Is this possible with the new Lua scripting? I have a little programming experience and don't really know how complicated this would be.

Again, sorry if this has come up before.:o

Digital_Utopia
09-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up, but I always wished there was a way we could add markers to points of interest on our map, and a small note. Maybe if you play multiple characters and need to find a rather lowly populated mob for a deed, you could mark a place where you find them.. or to mark where you found shard/flake droppers or really for any reason. Maybe even drag the mouse to create an "area" of interest similar to the way the quest tracker does it. Is this possible with the new Lua scripting? I have a little programming experience and don't really know how complicated this would be.

Again, sorry if this has come up before.:o

Sadly, not yet anyway.

First, there's no access to location information, and second - we don't have any access to the map. It would however be possible to mark something on a map. provided the plugin came with all the in-game maps, and you picked the appropriate one yourself.

So...not a perfect solution, but it's a start.

amerinese
09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Maybe there's just something that opens up on top of the map and can at least detect which map is open. So you really wouldn't be placing actual markers on the lotro map, but on an overlay. Would that work? Your idea would work I'm sure, but could this way be done without including any actual maps?
..one more thing, maybe a drop down list to pick which map you are looking at and load the points for that area if we have NO access to the map?

Thanks for the response!

Digital_Utopia
09-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Maybe there's just something that opens up on top of the map and can at least detect which map is open. So you really wouldn't be placing actual markers on the lotro map, but on an overlay. Would that work? Your idea would work I'm sure, but could this way be done without including any actual maps?
..one more thing, maybe a drop down list to pick which map you are looking at and load the points for that area if we have NO access to the map?

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately, that's strike 2 :p. The map itself appears over all other elements in game and plugin related as well. It's far more likely that at some point when we do have access to the current zone name, and have the ability to override the map, that plugin authors will be able to create their own map plugins.