EORLINGAS UI THEME
Made for The Lord of the Rings Online Book 13 by Turbine
Version 1.3, April 28th, 2008
Created by Eduardo Lucero "LedMirage"
The name for the UI Skin "Eorlingas" is right out of the LOTR lore, here follows a brief explanation: In J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth, the Rohirrim were a horse people, settling in the land of Rohan, named after them. The name is Sindarin for People of the Horse-lords (sometimes translated simply as Horse-lords) and was mostly used by outsiders: the name they had for themselves was Eorlingas, after their king Eorl the Young who had first brought them to Rohan. Forth Eorlingas!
Every image file used in this theme is original work created by me (LedMirage) using Photoshop CS2 exclusively. I love creating neat stuff for games and I've been doing this as a hobby for more than 10 years! :-)
A lot of work has gone into this UI theme, I sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as I do, enjoy!
Version 1.3 4/28/2008
1. Quest log panel revamp to include new graphics for all the changes made in Book 13
2. Character journal:
* New equipment and outfit backgrounds.
* New Item slots graphics.
* Tweaks to skill selection backgrounds.
3. Deed Log:
* New book separator tab graphics (very happy how these turned out!)
* New accomplishment selection backgrounds.
4. Many other small changes, additions and fixes.
Version 1.2 3/22/2008
1. Completely remade the theme, everything is new!
(Last revised 10/05/2007)
If you use any of my work, all I ask for is clear acknowledgement of it in any and all of your descriptions and ReadMe files, that's not much to ask is it?
1. You agree to this agreement by downloading and using any and all files and intellectual property included in this software package.
2. You agree to NOT discredit any author of any or all of their original software included be it code, graphics, any other assets or intellectual property.
3. You agree to NOT hold any author responsible for any damage, data loss or any problems caused directly or indirectly by this software.
4. You agree to NOT use any material included for monetary gain, as it is against Turbine's EULA agreement and it is NOT your right to make money off of other author's work.
5. You may redistribute any and all files contained in this package ONLY if they remain unmodified, this user agreement is included and proper credit to any and all authors is given.
6. You may modify and redistribute any and all files contained in this compilation ONLY with the expressed written permission of any and all respective authors.
7. If you do not agree to any of the points above then delete any and all files included in this package as well as past and future versions, by doing this you are agreeing to NOT use, modify and redistribute any and all material that is a part of this package for any purpose.
Translation: Do not take my work, use it to make a new skin and then do nothing to acknowledge the use of my work. While it is very flattering to see my work used throughout many other themes and many of you actually acknowledge it in your descriptions (thanks!), it is quite annoying and discouraging to find "new" skins using my work without a single mention of doing so and in some cases even bragging about all original work made from scratch, please do not do this, all it does is detract me from releasing updates more often.
(P.S. I dislike all the legalese stuff, but I've been burned many times before)
1. Exit the game
2. Open the ZIP file containing all the UI Skin files (where you got this readme from!)
3. Extract all the files from the ZIP file making sure the option to "use folder names" is enabled; The folder on your computer you should select as the destination will be: ..\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\
4. If Extracted correctly you should now have the following folder paths:
..\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\LedMirage_Eorlingas\
..\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\LedMirage_Eorlingas_Black\
..\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\LedMirage_Eorlingas_Mini\
..\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\LedMirage_Eorlingas_Mini_Black\
5. All images and the skin definition will be inside their respective folder (i.e...\LedMirage_Eorlingas\
) if extracted properly.
6. Launch the game
7. Once in-game, go to OPTIONS then choose "UI Settings" from the menu on the right, once there scroll down to just above the new UI scale sliders to the UI Settings page and you will find a dropdown list where you can choose the UI Skin to use for that character.
8. Eorlingas is the standard theme with green background panels, Eorlingas (Black) is the standard theme with black translucent backgrounds instead of green, the mini versions have a more compact main panel which gives you more screen space, very handy for non-widescreen resolutions.
Any and all donations are greatly appreciated but not required, my personal Paypal account is: LedMirage[AT]woh.rr.com
Ben & Jerry ice cream, cheese cakes, pizza, pipe weed, fine Dwarven ale and lap dances are all fine donations too.
Or... you can mail my Dwarf Guardian "Ledar" in the Brandywine server some ore and gems, those keep the Dwarf happy!
Thanks in advance!
UI CUSTOMIZATION TIPS
The UI provides by default five additional Quickslot bars that you can place anywhere on your screen as well as make them horizontal or vertical, to customize them do the following:
1. Go to OPTIONS, then choose "Quicklots" from the menu on the right, once there you will see checkbox options for each of the five additional Quickslot bars, notice that Bar #1 is NOT the default Quickslot bar, it is the first additional bar.
2. Make sure the option to Lock all Quickslots is DISABLED
3. For each Bar Number you wish to customize make sure the DOCK option is DISABLED, docking a bar prevents you from moving it (it goes to it's default position above the standard bar) and prevents using it vertically.
4. Choose the layout for each bar, Horizontal is default, if you want it vertical uncheck the box "Make Horizontal".
5. Exit the options panel.
6. Press CONTROL + \ (that's CONTROL and BACKSLASH) to unlock all screen UI elements.
7. Drag your bars to where you want them.
8. Press CONTROL + \ again to lock all screen UI elements.
SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
You can contact me through my website's forum at http://ledmirage.net/forums/
or by E-mail: LedMirage[AT]woh.rr.com
I can also be reached through the official LOTRO forums, my name there is "Zumlin" as well as through www.LOTROInterface.com but my response time tends to be slower.