Compendium is a Questing, Deed, Item, and Crafting database Addon for Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO). It is meant to supplement the levelling process by making finding of quests, mobs, and items easier.
- Trying to find all the deeds you can accomplish in the Shire?
- Not sure what the prerequisites to a quest chain are?
- Looking for direction on a quest that is elluding you?
- Looking for all particular weapons and armor for your class and level?
Import your quest completion progress now using LotRO Companion data. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKNyPCkhMtk
All of this and more is possible with Compendium w/o the need of alt-tabbing from game! Through the in-game Compendium window, users can search and filter for items, quests, deeds, and crafting recipies.
Extend functionality by installing Waypoint
by Garan. With Waypoint, an arrow can guide to to coordinates shown within compendium quest & deeds. With MoorMap, you can click coordinates from within compendium, and have them show up on the Map.
When upgrading, please delete old installation
- Fixed bug when import was attempted in French & German LoTRO client
- Fixed bug with certain progression quests not being shown correctly
- Sorting all level range filters numerically
- Adding filter for non-scaling quests
- update quest data for U34
- Nearly a decade of quests added since last version
- Updating item database for Rohan expansion. Over 2700 more items.
- Fixed bug where quest chain (arc) filter in quest details was not working (for past 2 releases)
- Fixed bugs with tabs, scrollbars, and pagination that were introduced with Rohan changes.
- Ability to select or unselect progression status for all deeds or quests that are currently filtered
- fixed problem with some tab settings getting loaded incorrectly for DE & FR clients.
- fixed bug where items were not showing which recipe or quest they came from
- added item quickslots for items seen in item compendium. This allows you to hover and compare items with those equipped.
- setting to turn on / off item quickslots for item compendium.
- fixed bug with existing quickslots so they aren't overwritten (thanks Garan)
- added Compendium icon to plugin manager
- update item compendium to over 50,000 items
- fixed a lot of discrepancies in item data
- improved data compression of item data
- updated raid loot tables
- new filter to show "dead" items no longer in lorebook
Installation & Use
* integration with Waypoint plugin
* auto-detection of LoTRO client, and adjust slash commands accordingly
* adding user submitted German translation data
* add button for reloading compendium inside of ui
* adding LPC support file
* F12 now hides compendiums UI & Icons
* adding filtering for quest & deed progression
* changing filters so you can filter by light, medium, and heavy regardless of armor slot
* added option to shut off use of icon
* added option to use mini icon
* adding progression tracking for deeds and quests for each of your characters
* adding help, show, and hide command line options
* adding version display upon load
* Items updated to include those introduced with the Rise of Isengard
* Crafting recipes updated to include those introduced with the Rise of Isengard
* Filters tweaked to support new item levels, tiers, and categories.
* Adding item set information & filters to item compendium
* hotpatch to fix filter bug in item compendium
* Player submission of officer and advice chat channel to item linking menu (thanks Egowelt)
* Added raid and dungeon loot information & filters to item compendium (work in progress)
* Added pvp filter to item compendium (work in progress)
* Updated data to item, quest, deed, and crafting compendiums
* Fixed bug where quest & deed rewards were not showing up in UI
* Changed search to do a full "contains" search of UI
* Fixed bug where using large font setting caused item compendium text to get cut-off when it wrapped.
* implementing resource bundles support for internationalizing (please message me if you can help translate)
* added patch for eu client save / load bug
* option for changing quest, deed, and item text size
* added user chat 1,2,3,4 to item linking menus
* fixed item linking bug
* Integration with moormaps
* Included more coordinates & comments for quest & deed compendium
* Minor changes in UI elements
* Added custom level range filters to quest, deed, and item compendium
* Fixed bug with window fade setting
* Fixed ZOrder bug with labelmenu controls
* Deed compendium with 1100+ deeds
* Bug fixes in coordinate collection
* Settings window to shut off compendium components
* Added auto fading window capability & setting
* Minor visual improvements to pagination control
* Pressing <ESC> now hides compendium window
* quest compendium redesign
* added more filtering capabilities to narrow down quests
* added more data elements to quest database (objectives, bestower, misc reward types)
* added ability to annotate quests with your own comments/notes & custom coordinates
* prepopulated quest db with quest comments. (In future you can submit your own to be included)
* Quest, Items, and Crafting data brought up to date with latest information from Update 2: Echos of the Dead!
* Added extension API for incorporating other addons into compendium. (see details below)
* Filter added to item compendium to filter for legendary items.
* Fixed quest chain bug, prereq/next quests were swapped! (why didn't anyone say anything? :P)
* Fixed quest reward bug. (wasn't showing all items a person could obtain or select from)
* Bug fixes to Tab Control, Autosizing label, and DB Cursor library.
* hotpatch to fix issues with dropdown lists on quest compendium after game update
* Adding crafting compendium with 3300+ recipes, their mats, what they produce
* Full filtering/searching on crafting compendium to easily find items to make
* implemented resizing of window
* Adding missing menu row to link items to fellowship channel
* persist the active tab between loads
* included 'Quest Reward' and 'Craftable' to item compendium categories for item
* display which quest and which recipe quest or crafted items are from in item compendium
* added filters for item compendium for quest rewards & craftable items
* text changes to quest compendium to better identify monster quests & quest chains
* compressed databases better for smaller memory footprint
* add better memory management when ui is cleaned up between loads (clean up stay references & events)
* Centralized version info in UI, and pull from central plugin definition file
* autosizing label utility
* created tabs control for easy adding of new tabs
* general code refactoring & cleanup for reuse
* fixed global package naming conflict bug
* Compendium window state persists between loads.
* Level range filters added on Item Compendium
* Jewellery type filters added on Item Compendium
* Right click context menu for linking compendium item to chat (limited by API on what is allowed)
* Tabbed layout
* Shortcut icon that can toggle compendium window & be dragged to anywhere on lotro screen
* Persist window & shortcut location between play sessions
* Font size adjustments to fit quest data in UI better
* Added initial compendium item database (39000+ items)
* Extensive filtering added to item database
* Pagination of item data to view more data w/o need of filters
* Clickable rewarded items in quest details
* Fixed several typos & discrepancies in the zone dropdown menu
* Normalized zone & area data in zone dropdown to more easily find
1) Delete any older Compendium install from your Plugins folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Lunarwater\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Compendium
Copy the entire Compendium folder into your LOTRO plugins folder
C:\Documents and Settings\Lunarwater\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Compendium
Start LOTRO. Once in game type
/plugins load Compendium
To create and have a seperate addon be loaded into Compendium you must...
1) Create a plugin file which has a plugin name that contains "CompendiumExtension" somewhere in the name.
Compendium will look for any addons upon startup with this name and load them (if needed).
2) The plugin file must point to a package whose lua class extends Turbine.UI.Control is some manner.
3) The plugin must implement a function GetExtensionName to return a value to be used as the name of the tab
Optionally you can implement the following if you wish additional capabilities.
1) Implement a SizeChanged event handler for your control so that it adjusts its layout when
pulled into compendium, and when compendium is resized.
2) Implement a "persist" function if you wish to persist any settings. This usually happens on unload of
compendium, but the timing of persist could change in future.
3) Implement a "destroy" function. Compendium will try to cleanup commonly stray event handlers etc..
If you have special needs for handling data cleanup, please add those here.
(Not implemented yet)
1) Activated & Deactivated events. I hope to add these in in next release. When your tab is clicked on
Activated will be called if you implemented it. Likewise for Deactivated if people move away from
The long-term vision is to have the player base of Lotro submit content for Compendium in the way of corrections, comments, coordinates, missing information, etc. In future releases, there will be a method for players to submit these changes.
- To all who have helped and offered feedback
- My family for their support.
- My two nephews. I heard you were learning to program a little, and it made me remember watching and learning over my brothers shoulders when I was young. My hope is you can find the joy that I have, and have fun with LoTRO while you are at it!
LOTRO Compendium is a open source project released under the Apache License V2.0. Our project page can be found on Sourceforge at http://lotrocompendium.sourceforge.net/