Foreword: Edited by aurickle for LotRO F2P.
EORLINGAS UI THEME
Made for The Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play version by Turbine
Version 2.0.1, October 15, 2010
Originally created by Eduardo Lucero "LedMirage"
Updated by Dewee for Mines of Moria
Updated again by aurickle for F2P
Many, many thanks to the artists who have come before me with this project! Eorlingas has always been one of my all-time favorite UI skins, so updating it is a labor of love. But I would have been totally lost and uninspired without LedMirage's grat work and Dewee's later dedication.
The name for the UI Skin "Eorlingas" is right out of the LOTR lore, here follows a brief explanation: In J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth, the Rohirrim were a horse people, settling in the land of Rohan, named after them. The name is Sindarin for People of the Horse-lords (sometimes translated simply as Horse-lords) and was mostly used by outsiders: the name they had for themselves was Eorlingas, after their king Eorl the Young who had first brought them to Rohan. Forth Eorlingas!
Every image file used in this theme is original work created by LedMirage using Photoshop CS2 exclusively. As he put it, "I love creating neat stuff for games and I've been doing this as a hobby for more than 10 years! :-)"
Unfortunately, Eduardo appears to no longer play LotRO or at the very least has moved on to other things. Dewee took over maintenance of the skin for a while, but hasn't touched it since February.
Over the course of the many game updates since LedMirage first released the interface there were things that were starting to break down and a lot of other new artwork that never got skinned at all. While this release of it doesn't bring EVERY panel up to date, it's a start. I intend to work more on this over time.
A lot of work has gone into this UI theme, we sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Thank you for trying it!
===============================================Version 2.0.1 10/15/2010
1. Main Bar:
* Fixed the XP bar to accomodate its larger size in Volume 3, Book 2.
* Replaced the background for the mailbox, reading panel and composition panel.
3. Deed Log:
* Fixed the Mines of Moria bookmark to compensate for the filename change introduced in Vol.3, Bk 2.
4. Skirmish Panels - Finally match the Eorlingas theme!
* Skinned most every element for the Instance Join panel.
* Skinned the entire Skirmish Traits panel.
* Skinned the soldier vitals and summon button.
Version 2.0 9/24/2010
1. Deed Log:
* Fixed the issue causing portions of the bookmarks to be chopped off or otherwise mutilated. Also updated the many new bookmarks that have been added since LedMirage's last update.
2. Store Icon:
* There is no describing how much I hated the LotRO Store icon -- especially when it "meshed" with the Eorlingas theme! I think my version actually manages to look classy.
3. Main Bar:
* With the many new buttons that have been added to either side of the skills area, the art wasn't matching up anymore. This has been fixed.
4. Attunement Panel:
* Rune-Keepers get some love with an all-new Attunement panel designed to match the rest of the theme.
5. Gambit Panel:
* Ditto for wardens with a matching gambit panel.
6. Escort Vitals:
* The issue with the escort artwork being offset with an odd wrap-around and not matching up with the stat bars has been fixed.
7. Dressing Room:
* My kinship had requests for a larger Dressing Room. Since it needed skinning anyway I went ahead and incorporated the one by Daimon, which in turn was based on Firefen's creation. (Thank you to both of you!) So now it's both skinned AND bigger.
STILL TO COME
There are still a couple partially skinned panels that could stand updating. They're not bad in the partially skinned state, but could be improved.
A couple items really bug me. One is the Dismount button that's now attached to the mount vitals bar. I can't seem to find its element for the life of me! Same goes for the XP progress graphic -- the subtle elven rules should be swapped out for something that matches a Rohirrim theme. Unfortunately it's another item I can't locate yet. (Sometimes it's the really small things that bug me the most!)
I've also had requests to make the recipes section of the crafting panel larger. I'll have to look into that soon!