This Tool should help you to detect and cure dangerous effects faster. It is intended for situations, where you need to react on some effect very fast and ignore other effects. One example is Thorog's Eye in the instance Helegrod. Many other instance have similiar critical effects.
The effect will appear as VERY BIG icon, with potions ready to get rid of it. But for curing simple effects this is not the right tool, because it may be anoy you. So most of them you put in the ignore list. For now the plugin comes with empty configuration, but i upload my effects (see patches), and i encourage you to sent them in here.
You can share/import the configuration files with/from your friends or kinship. See Share-Instructions below.
The tool may also gives addional hints how to behave in such situations.
If a configured effect is detected on you, the window pops up and
offers you quick slots (e.g. prepared with potions), shows a count down timer.
It supports English, French and German.
Every effect detected in the game is stored in the configuration (server and character independent) as uncategorized effect. You have to decide if you move it to the ignore list or use the setup window that allows you to configure the alerts. Don't get anoyed again by light wounds.
- After a game upgrade the plugin may not start for several character classes. please report it here.
- To reconfigure your quick slots and effects you can pop up the windows at any time with a click on the Application Icon or type /carebear show
, /carebear setup
or by pressing the S-Button in the Alert Window.
There are other plugins, e.g. TonicBars and BuffBars, that may offer general cure detection. This plugin is made for named effects in deadly situations only, where effects can't be ignored and it justifies to pop-up a big alert. It is not a work around for laggy situations ...
HOW TO USE
1. Equip potions (best of all four types 25+) or actions in quick slot. Close window.
2. Enter a Throrog raid
3. Wait for the eye effect. If the effect alert is already configured the icon appears and is configured "Active". The window shows up.
4. Use potion or action before count down ends.
5. Close window. Continue with step 3
1. Read "How to use plugins" and follow the instructions
Instead of /plugins use /zusatzmodule
2. Uncompress this archive into your Plugins folder.
3. Run Lotro. load the plugin
SHARING CONFIGURATION / IMPORT EFFECTS
- Give the the alert file located at C:\Users\User\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\ACCOUNT\AllServers\Carebear_AEff ects.plugindata to them.
- To merge them into another alert file they should rename it first to "Carebear_UCEffects.plugindata" and replace this one in their own configuration. Known effects are removed only by doing it this way, else you may corrupt your configuration.
- If you want: Share them with the community by publishing config file as optional addon here.
- Testet with Update 18.
- Support for low-level potions. Be aware that some potions are bugged.
- Testet with Update 14.
- Updated auto-load potions to level 100.
- Added shout actions in empty slots.
- New feature: "Effect timeout reminder" for positive effects like food, xp buff, deed xp buff, hope etc.. If you choose this option for an effect, the effect alert will popup when the effect has less then 100 seconds on it, enough time for you to recast it.
- Supports in-game plugin manager. Work-around: Potions are fitted when character gains full health. Remark: Only max-level potions (100) are supported.
- Better support for importing effect lists from other users. When importing as uncategorized effects from someone else (see instructions), effects already known in the active or inactive list are removed. This avoids duplicate entries.
- Versioning changed to have major number be in-line with game.
- Upgraded to work with "Update 13".
- New Settings Button (Top-Left) in alarm window: You can configure transprency and click-through window there. Click-through dosn't work on the big effect icon and the quickslots.
- UI Revamp. The Alert Window is now smaller (name, description and S-Button removed)
- The Alert window will get transparent if an alert is active. You can't move it during this - there is title bar to drag. Close it by clicking the application symbol twice.
- If all portion slots are fitted with at least 25 potions the alert window will not appear at startup.
- The Application Icon show now the number of uncategorized effects when active.
- yell action in special slot added.
- Bugfix: Internationalization has been tested and corrected. The used language does now depend on your current LOTRO client language, not the language of the operating system (this seems to be an interface bug).
- Bug Fix: Scrollbar and move buttons are now handled better.
- Debugging: With /carebare debug a Delete button appears to delete single effects completely.
- Application Icon has now Animation when new effects are detected. Least for a maximum of 15 minutes and is paused while in combat.
- Bug Fix: Scrollbar now visible again. Sorry.
- Application Icon added (defaults to left on bottom on screen. can be moved)
- Minor Bug Fixes.
- In the Setup it is now possible to configure a Priority Threshold for
Active Effects (you must go to this list to see the widget). Active Effects
below this global priority will now be ignored.
- Other class skills added.
- Slots are initialized now, with level 75 Potion if handy and some class skills. Some class skills and lower level potions are not supported yet.
- French text resources added.
- Priorized Effects: Effect replacement in alert window appears now only
if the priority of the later effect is higher than a current active effect
- Bugfix: Unloading the Plugin saves now (if there is anything to save).
- Bugfix: Disable Cure Slots if Cure Instruction is 'Cure Not'
- Disable Re-Selection for New Effects to make active Configuration easier
and avoid errors.
- New Setup-Window allowing to track new events and move them to
active and passive list.
- Some Bugfixing and Improvements
- Added more effects
- Added Support for UTF-8 conversion. effect names can be written with encoded characters like ööüßêâí...
- Some Bugfixing
- Added more known effects
- Bugfix: Replace event id name (english/german). french name is missing.
- Support other events (edit Configuration.lua)
- 5 x 2 QuickSlots to : all 4 potion types and special actions slots (macros like yell and using special items). You may not see them if their are no corresponding events configured.
- Hint how to behave (e.g. Run, Stay)
- Show only quickslots required on behalf of event
- Basic Implementation for Thorog with Count Down Timer and 2 quick slots