Quantcast
lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads


Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO Stand-Alone Plugins > Maps, coordinates & compasses


Post A Reply
Author Comments Comment Options
Unread 05-23-2020, 05:33 AM  
Danielcz
The Wary

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
Meeowww, now im happy kitten

Last edited by Danielcz : 05-23-2020 at 05:42 AM.
Danielcz is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2019, 10:06 AM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Ver 1.25

This version corrects the strings.lua file so that the correct English text is displayed on the new annotation dialogs including the black/white list maintenance and sharing (when English is the selected language). Previously, Russian was displayed making it unusable for English users (French and German were not affected by this).
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2019, 08:14 PM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Known Issue

Due to an error in the strings.lua file, several labels are showing Russian text when the selected language is English. Notably, this affects the labels in the Whitelist/Blacklist maintenance window and some of the annotation sharing labels. This will be fixed in ver 1.25 which will be published as soon as I finish flogging the quality control goblins and verify that there are no other obvious glitches...

Note, this only affects users that have "English" set as the language in TerrainMap, users that have selected French, German or Russian will not be affected by this.

Last edited by Garan : 12-16-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2019, 12:14 PM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Ver 1.24

This is a pretty significant update since it finally enables Custom Annotations.

Not only will TerrainMap support custom annotations now, but they are integrated with MoorMap so that any annotation additions, changes or deletions by TerrainMap will automatically be reflected in MoorMap.

TerrainMap also has the ability to share custom annotations via chat! Just click on any custom annotation (this only applies to custom annotations, not the built-in ones) and select Share from the annotation window. On the sharing window, select a channel - if you aren't sure which custom channels you currently have, click the Refresh button to get the channel names of connected user channels. If you select the "Tell" channel then you also have to enter a player name. Click Send and the annotation is shared. Recipients must have TerrainMap 1.24 or higher installed and running.

If you receive a shared annotation, a new exclamation mark alert icon will display at the top of TerrainMap indicating that there are pending shared annotations - by default, shared annotations go to a pending list and the user can choose to accept or reject them. You can also choose to White List or Black List a sender. White Listing a sender will cause all pending annotations from that sender to be automatically added to the map and any new shares received will also be automatically added, bypassing the pending list. Similarly, Black Listing a sender will cause all pending annotations from that sender to be automatically removed from the pending list and all new shares from that user will be ignored - note, this does NOT ignore the player chat (Lua plugins don't have access to the client Ignore list) but the shares will not be added to the map nor will they be put on the pending list.

In addition to adding a player to the White/Black Lists via the pending window, you can maintain the lists from the Options window, allowing you to add/remove or even move players between the lists. Note, adding a player to the White/Black list in the list maintenance window will also immediately apply that status to the list of pending shared annotations.

Last edited by Garan : 12-15-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2019, 10:02 AM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
A minor correction to my previous post:
Quote:
Unfortunately, due to significant differences in the way Annotations are handled, the custom annotations from TerrainMap will not be shared with MoorMap. I'm still working on finding a way to over come this but at this time it is not really feasible.
This is no longer true. Due to a brilliant insight (or just a solid hit on the head) MoorMap WILL share custom annotations with TerrainMap when this feature is released (assuming you update to the latest MoorMap as well). This will slightly delay the release of both MoorMap 1.39 and TerrainMap 1.24 but I feel it will be well worth it. MoorMap 1.39 will still not share custom annotations between users (until a future update) but in the mean time, any custom annotations shared by TerrainMap will also automatically update MoorMap. I just need to make a few more tweaks to the way that MoorMap stores and maintains its custom annotations and do a LOT of additional testing.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2019, 08:38 PM  
vecny.samotar
The Unscathed
 
vecny.samotar's Avatar

Forum posts: 19
File comments: 64
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecny.samotar
Maybe a smaller reminder about sending location information to the chat.
it would be good if you can disable or enable chatting. I now have a chat with various messages that send plugins such as. waypoint
The reason that most plugins send information to chat on the "Standard" channel is because there is information that can be parsed from some of the chat responses that is not otherwise exposed to Lua, especially location information. This is the reason Waypoint sends information to chat in order to update the pointer arrow - the chat command "/loc" is generated when the user clicks the arrow and the response is parsed to determine the player's current location allowing the plugin to update the pointer arrow to the destination. MoorMap use the same mechanism to position the player's marker on the map - this is the only mechanism available for such information and only gets updated in response to a user click.

While you might not like the clutter of messages that look like spam, it is the price of having additional functionality such as player positioning (even if it requires a user to click a button to update). Any chat messages from my plugins are either required for functionality (such as /listchannels or /loc commands), are controllable by the user (the user must actively choose to click a button to send the info to chat, such as for sharing information with other players), or are generated to indicate a significant state change (such as the plugin loaded and unloaded messages). There are a few plugins that output extraneous information but they are the exception, not the norm.
I'm going to need it but it would be nice to be temporarily disabled when there is no need for the user to view it
as an example I would lead the waypoint: I use h often when looking for something, so every few meters I give updates what we then list my / loc but I do not find out how far I am from the target because it lists in nine x: y: z: o: what is good for authors and dev developers but not for users.
I have some experience with plugins (mainly from World of Warcraft) but not so much to prove them, max. I can already edit an existing plugin

Last edited by vecny.samotar : 12-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.
vecny.samotar is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2019, 05:46 PM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecny.samotar
Maybe a smaller reminder about sending location information to the chat.
it would be good if you can disable or enable chatting. I now have a chat with various messages that send plugins such as. waypoint
The reason that most plugins send information to chat on the "Standard" channel is because there is information that can be parsed from some of the chat responses that is not otherwise exposed to Lua, especially location information. This is the reason Waypoint sends information to chat in order to update the pointer arrow - the chat command "/loc" is generated when the user clicks the arrow and the response is parsed to determine the player's current location allowing the plugin to update the pointer arrow to the destination. MoorMap use the same mechanism to position the player's marker on the map - this is the only mechanism available for such information and only gets updated in response to a user click.

While you might not like the clutter of messages that look like spam, it is the price of having additional functionality such as player positioning (even if it requires a user to click a button to update). Any chat messages from my plugins are either required for functionality (such as /listchannels or /loc commands), are controllable by the user (the user must actively choose to click a button to send the info to chat, such as for sharing information with other players), or are generated to indicate a significant state change (such as the plugin loaded and unloaded messages). There are a few plugins that output extraneous information but they are the exception, not the norm.

Last edited by Garan : 12-04-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2019, 12:02 PM  
vecny.samotar
The Unscathed
 
vecny.samotar's Avatar

Forum posts: 19
File comments: 64
Uploads: 0
Maybe a smaller reminder about sending location information to the chat.
it would be good if you can disable or enable chatting. I now have a chat with various messages that send plugins such as. waypoint
vecny.samotar is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2019, 03:20 PM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurallor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
thanks to whoever got me thinking about the multi-player Cards plugin and sharing info between players (I looked for the thread on it but I couldn't even remember which forum it was on).
I think that was Agollas.

Looking forward to trying this out. And peeking at the source code to extract whatever nuggets of wisdom are left hidden in your brain.
Ah, yes! That was the thread. Thank you. I forgot it was accidentally posted in the DDO forum which explains why my digging didn't find it - I probably should have simply googled it What did we all do before Google?

Last edited by Garan : 12-03-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2019, 02:39 PM  
Thurallor
The Undying
 
Thurallor's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 183
File comments: 320
Uploads: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
thanks to whoever got me thinking about the multi-player Cards plugin and sharing info between players (I looked for the thread on it but I couldn't even remember which forum it was on).
I think that was Agollas.

Looking forward to trying this out. And peeking at the source code to extract whatever nuggets of wisdom are left hidden in your brain.
Thurallor is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2019, 11:22 AM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Well, I finally found some time to revisit some things on the ToDo list, so I threw a dart at the board and it stuck on TerrainMap. The result? Custom Annotations will be coming to TerrainMap in the next version. But, not only can you add annotations to TerrainMap, you can share those annotations with friends (or enemies if you like) via chat (the recipient must be running TerrainMap at the time).
Here's a preview of what some of it will look like (this is on my dev box so some things are subject to change):


Note, you will be able to white list senders so that annotations go directly to your map without waiting in the Pending list. You can also black list senders so that all pending and future annotations from that sender are ignored.

Unfortunately, due to significant differences in the way Annotations are handled, the custom annotations from TerrainMap will not be shared with MoorMap. I'm still working on finding a way to over come this but at this time it is not really feasible. However, MoorMap will undoubtedly gain from this the ability to share it's custom annotations with other users of MoorMap in some future version.

Oh yeah, it will also work with all three clients, EN/DE/FR even if the sender and recipient are on different clients. The UI is fully translated, the only thing that won't automatically translate is the text of the actual annotation name and description as that is user maintained.

Thanks to vecny.samotar for reminding me that the Add Annotation menu item didn't actually do anything and thanks to whoever got me thinking about the multi-player Cards plugin and sharing info between players (I looked for the thread on it but I couldn't even remember which forum it was on).

There are two obvious extensions to this idea, one being sharing your location via chat so others can find you (limited to tells, fellowship, raid and kinship channels - otherwise I can see people spamming this to be a nuisance) and the ability to send annotation info (name and cords) to chat for people that don't have the plugin but ask where something is. Unfortunately, my current time doesn't allow for implementing those but they will take the place of Custom Annotations of the dreaded ToDo list.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2019, 01:58 PM  
vecny.samotar
The Unscathed
 
vecny.samotar's Avatar

Forum posts: 19
File comments: 64
Uploads: 0
thank you for your reaction
I have accepted that the information from the plugins cannot be displayed on the default map.
I just thought of merging information from various map plugins into one plugin so the user wouldn't have to have 4-5 plugins, each specializing in only one area to display. so the user would have 2 maps (default and associated, linked plugin)
vecny.samotar is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2019, 01:56 PM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecny.samotar
Thank you for responding to my questions
your plugin is probably the best I found I tried the LotroMaps plugin but it is not working

so if I understood the world map display you figured out that you had merged the regions into one big screen, so if I wanted to look at another region (map) than I have to increase the map size display and move the map to a tax point.

as far as the replacement of the map skoda can not be done.
For many years I played world of warcraft and there were also plugins that displayed other information such as localization of various NPCs, places of deposit of raw materials and other info according to how the player had installed addons. these addons, although they did not replace the default map, but modified the default map management such as. change the size of the map (it was no longer displayed in full screen), the map could be moved to another location, display quests and especially the display of possible occurrences of deposits of craft resources.

I also have stupid assault and question
couldn't the information be displayed either on the default map or your map? I know if it couldn't be work for one person and it would take longer.
information is available because when I was looking for some plugins so I found some plugins that can show various info (RTPlugin, MoorMap, Fowl Map and LOTRO Compendium (which is only a database but can work together from the map especially when I have the plugin installed Waypoint))
when I mention Waypoint plugin couldn't add support for it? that when I clicked on your map at a certain location to pop up the offer. I am not following chat commands
LotroMaps was never a fully functional plugin, it was just a prototype, covering one very small section of the map (Lothlorien) as a proof of concept. It was never further developed due to limitations in the API at the time.

Unfortunately most of what you would like is simply not possible with the limited API exposed by LotRO. Other games like WoW expose much more of the game UI as well as more of the game data which is why plugins in those games support more functionality. For instance, in LotRO, the built-in map is not exposed to Lua so there is no way to display additional information on it. Additionally, none of the map data is exposed so all of the information that you see in plugins like RTPlugin, MoorMap, Fowl Map and LOTRO Compendium are all manually compiled by the authors.

In the case of TerrainMap, the annotations are actually based on the data I have compiled for MoorMap - since the display mechanisms are so different, the annotations have to be stored and loaded differently and use a completely different format but they come from the same source (I have a SQL database that keeps track of the default annotations that I find and then I export that data either as files for MoorMap or files for TerrainMap - fwiw, that same database also exports the data files for the web based google map). Displaying another author's data also involves complications beyond just getting permission to use their data, especially when considering the differences between systems like MoorMap and TerrainMap - many other authors display their data over the images of the built-in parchment maps (basically what MoorMap does) but that data does not lend itself to being displayed by TerrainMap where every 200x200 pixel block has to have it's own data file to support dynamic loading unlike MoorMap where all of the data for an entire parchment map is in one file.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2019, 12:54 PM  
vecny.samotar
The Unscathed
 
vecny.samotar's Avatar

Forum posts: 19
File comments: 64
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecny.samotar
I have some questions

1. how to zoom in on a map
2. How to switch from a region map to a world map. I'm in Breeland, for example, and I want to look at the Dunland map. on the default map, I just click with the right mouse button and get to the world map and there I can choose a map of the region
3. one more question, couldn't your map replace the default map? So after pressing the 'M' key, your map would be displayed, not the map which is implemented in

and more

i have a smaller problem
in the settings menu more precisely in the contextual idea what to show you have the option to check Moormap but it's gray although moormap I have installed and loaded
To zoom the map, either pick a zoom level from the radio buttons at the top or double click on the map. A left double click zooms in, a right double click zooms out.

There is no world map for TerrainMap. Since TerrainMap displays coordinates and the coordinate systems are different for each region, you have to select a region using the radio buttons at the top. The built-in game map avoids this issue by simply not showing coordinates on the world map. I've thought of adding a world map for region selection but it was never a high priority.

As to replacing the built-in map, the answer is no. Unlike the inventory bags, there is no way to suppress the display of the in-game map, so at best both maps would display (we can detect the Toggle Map action and respond to it, we just can't suppress the built in map). Additionally, since the built-in map provides some significant features such as the quest tracker, it is highly unlikely that anyone would really want to permanently replace the built-in map - and before you ask, no, we can't implement a quest tracker since quest info is not exposed to Lua.

The "Show in MoorMap" and "Add Annotation" options should both be grayed out since they are for features that were never completely implemented (I noticed I accidentally left the Add Annotation entry enabled and it will appear to work except that the annotation will not be persistent). I may still find time to finish those features in a future version.
Thank you for responding to my questions
your plugin is probably the best I found I tried the LotroMaps plugin but it is not working

so if I understood the world map display you figured out that you had merged the regions into one big screen, so if I wanted to look at another region (map) than I have to increase the map size display and move the map to a tax point.

as far as the replacement of the map skoda can not be done.
For many years I played world of warcraft and there were also plugins that displayed other information such as localization of various NPCs, places of deposit of raw materials and other info according to how the player had installed addons. these addons, although they did not replace the default map, but modified the default map management such as. change the size of the map (it was no longer displayed in full screen), the map could be moved to another location, display quests and especially the display of possible occurrences of deposits of craft resources.

I also have stupid assault and question
couldn't the information be displayed either on the default map or your map? I know if it couldn't be work for one person and it would take longer.
information is available because when I was looking for some plugins so I found some plugins that can show various info (RTPlugin, MoorMap, Fowl Map and LOTRO Compendium (which is only a database but can work together from the map especially when I have the plugin installed Waypoint))
when I mention Waypoint plugin couldn't add support for it? that when I clicked on your map at a certain location to pop up the offer. I am not following chat commands
vecny.samotar is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2019, 09:49 PM  
Garan
The Undying
 
Garan's Avatar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Forum posts: 281
File comments: 811
Uploads: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecny.samotar
I have some questions

1. how to zoom in on a map
2. How to switch from a region map to a world map. I'm in Breeland, for example, and I want to look at the Dunland map. on the default map, I just click with the right mouse button and get to the world map and there I can choose a map of the region
3. one more question, couldn't your map replace the default map? So after pressing the 'M' key, your map would be displayed, not the map which is implemented in

and more

i have a smaller problem
in the settings menu more precisely in the contextual idea what to show you have the option to check Moormap but it's gray although moormap I have installed and loaded
To zoom the map, either pick a zoom level from the radio buttons at the top or double click on the map. A left double click zooms in, a right double click zooms out.

There is no world map for TerrainMap. Since TerrainMap displays coordinates and the coordinate systems are different for each region, you have to select a region using the radio buttons at the top. The built-in game map avoids this issue by simply not showing coordinates on the world map. I've thought of adding a world map for region selection but it was never a high priority.

As to replacing the built-in map, the answer is no. Unlike the inventory bags, there is no way to suppress the display of the in-game map, so at best both maps would display (we can detect the Toggle Map action and respond to it, we just can't suppress the built in map). Additionally, since the built-in map provides some significant features such as the quest tracker, it is highly unlikely that anyone would really want to permanently replace the built-in map - and before you ask, no, we can't implement a quest tracker since quest info is not exposed to Lua.

The "Show in MoorMap" and "Add Annotation" options should both be grayed out since they are for features that were never completely implemented (I noticed I accidentally left the Add Annotation entry enabled and it will appear to work except that the annotation will not be persistent). I may still find time to finish those features in a future version.
Garan is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Post A Reply

 
Category Jump:
Search this Category:
 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Our Network
EQInterface | EQ2Interface | Minion | WoWInterface | ESOUI | LoTROInterface | MMOUI | Swtorui