Author Credit is given on a simple basis. We credit the person who sends the mod in, and says "I wrote this" if you see your work here, and its credited to someone else contact us first then we can research it. Please remember more than one person can make the same mod.
| (LotRO) Update 20: Battle of the Black Gate Release Notes, 21 March 2017
Mar 20, 2017 - 11:52 PM - by Cairenn
Of Special Note:
Journey through The Wastes!
Update 20, The Battle of the Black Gate, features more than ninety quests in three new regions: the Noman-lands, Dagorlad, and the Slag-hills. Discover new adventures beginning in the Camp of the Host.
The Black Gate
Epic Volume IV, Book 8 is now available. Experience the Host of the West’s climactic confrontation with Sauron’s forces at the Battle of the Black Gate, as Aragorn seeks to draw Sauron’s Eye away from his true peril…
Two new dungeons are now available! Explore Carchost, the Towers of the Teeth and Skoironk, the Maggot-holes, each with its own landscape, solo resource instance, and group resource instance.
Prepare the Host of the West for Battle!
Players can acquire supplies, provisions, and armour to prepare the Host of the West for the Battle of the Black Gate! Collect enough items to assist each faction of the Host of the West, and receive unique rewards. Supplies, provisions and armour can be earned through solo and group resource dungeons, Roving Threats, Landscape monsters, and Crafting.
Source and full patch notes.
- Four additional custom Chat Tabs are now available. These tabs can now display across two rows at the top of the Chat Window.
- In the Fellowship Mini Panel, fellows buffs and debuffs will no longer disappear after a fellow is defeated.
- The accelerator button should no longer appear on the Deed panel for reputation deeds.
- Mount skill icons should now all appropriately grey out when the skill cannot be used.
- Added a Stable-masters Collection button on the radar.
- The Mordor map should now more correctly display fellow member locations.
0 Replies | 292 Views
| CloudFlare leak
Feb 24, 2017 - 8:27 PM - by Cairenn
As some of you may have heard, CloudFlare had a leak yesterday. We just want to reassure everyone that we are aware of the fact and that while we do use them, we do not appear to have been impacted in any way. This is what they sent to us:
Originally Posted by cloudflare
Thursday afternoon, we published a blog post describing a memory leak caused by a serious bug that impacted Cloudflare's systems. If you haven't yet, I encourage you to read that post on the bug:
While we resolved the bug within hours of it being reported to us, there was an ongoing risk that some of our customers' sensitive information would still be available through third party caches, such as the Google search cache.
Over the last week, we've worked with these caches to discover what customers may have had sensitive information exposed and ensure that the caches are purged. We waited to disclose the bug publicly until after these caches could be cleared in order to mitigate the ability of malicious individuals to exploit any exposed data.
In our review of these third party caches, we discovered exposed data on approximately 150 of Cloudflare's customers across our Free, Pro, Business, and Enterprise plans. We have reached out to these customers directly to provide them with a copy of the data that was exposed, help them understand its impact, and help them mitigate that impact.
Your domain is not one of the domains where we have discovered exposed data in any third party caches.
The bug has been patched so it is no longer leaking data. However, we continue to work with these caches to review their records and help them purge any exposed data we find. If we discover any data leaked about your domains during this search, we will reach out to you directly and provide you full details of what we have found.
To date, we have yet to find any instance of the bug being exploited, but we recommend if you are concerned that you invalidate and reissue any persistent secrets, such as long lived session identifiers, tokens or keys. Due to the nature of the bug, customer SSL keys were not exposed and do not need to be rotated.
Again, if we discover new information that impacts you, we will reach out to you directly. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Co-founder and CEO
0 Replies | 797 Views
| (LotRO) Update 19.3 Release Notes, 6 Feb 2017
Feb 06, 2017 - 9:57 AM - by Cairenn
Of Special Note:
Player Housing - Players can now adjust the location of their interior housing decorations! See the notes below for more information.
News and Notes:
- Four additional user defined chat channels have been added, for a total 8 user defined chat channels per player.
- There are now 3 global channels: /world, /trade, and /lff. Trade and Looking-for-Fellowship are now global channels accessible via /trade and /lff. Please restrict trading/selling to the /trade channel and grouping requests to the /lff channel.
- The advice regional chat channel has been removed.
- The eight user chat channels have been added to the Output Channels context menu of the bubble icon on the chat input field.
- Corrected an issue with /say. In addition, the range of /say has been increased from 15 meters to 25. Use /shout to double that range.
- The global Looking For Fellowship chat channel now shows as LFF instead of LFG in chat.
- Fixed a problem with chat was that causing server issues on Bullroarer.
- When your avatar is hit when holding a shield, your weapon should now remain in your hand.
- Guardian bleeds for higher tiers can crit.
- Guardian's Heavy Strike bleed stacks will no longer fall off enemies when the applied bleed is resisted, and will instead simply not increase. The stack will instead fall off on timeout or removal.
- Hunter - Archer's Mark now properly reduces a target's critical defense.
- Hunter - Blood Arrow has had its skill/trait descriptions updated, and now applies its blue line trait bonus heal as HoTs of the correct magnitude per rank.
- Hunter's Exanguinate skill no properly appears in your skill menu, and on the hotbar when unlocked.
- Captain's Grave Wound Damage-Over-Time element now scales properly with its IA legacy.
- Warden's Marked Target IA proc duration now benefits properly from the Shield-Splinterer set bonus.
- Flora - Phials of Extract now bind to account instead of character.
- The North Ithilien Wilds frame should now display on your selected target portrait and fellowship member's portrait (when they have selected the flora frame).
- Return to Arnach's travel skill scroll now properly requires Friend standing with Rangers of Ithilien, not Kindred.
- The boxes of Worn Armor available for Throne of the Dread Terror lesser armour token trade-in no longer require completion of the Tier 2 raid. Tarnished jewellery continues to require deed completion.
- The Steed of the White City and the Battle-worn Steed of the White City should now appear in the exclusive section of the mounts panel.
Questing and Adventure Areas
- Players can now adjust the precise location of interior housing decorations once they are placed in a hook. The decoration hook UI includes 4 scroll bars that allow decorations to be rotated as before, but also to be moved east/west, north/south, and up/down. Exterior housing decorations continue to only allow rotation.
- Interior housing decorations can be moved +/- 10 meters along the x, y, or z axis once they are placed.
- Clicking the decoration icon to the left of each rotation and translation scrollbar will rotate or move the decoration back to the default position in that axis.
- Large Wall housing decorations can now be rotated around their vertical axis.
- In decoration mode, hook outlines are now color coded by type.
- Premium houses can be purchased using Premium Housing Writs. These writs are given when a player gives up their premium house, or when a character with a premium house transfers to another server. You can also purchase these housing writs on the LOTRO store.
- Kin leaders who "sell" their premium house will now properly receive premium housing writs.
- Some Belfalas premium housing has been polished, including column gaps and door frames.
- The exterior of the Lecture Hall has been removed in Bree.
- Guards in Tumladen now walk normally.
- Haul should no longer get stuck in a tree in the instance Missing Persons.
- North Ithilien - Fixed some flowers that were in unreachable locations.
- North Ithilien - Quest: Worts, Weeds, and Wastes - The quest guide now points to the correct location.
- North Ithilien - Quest: Mastering the Wilds - Rangers will no longer report gibberish.
- Central Gondor - Quest: Looking for Pebble - Balangyl will no longer slide instead of walking.
- Central Gondor - Dore-en-ernil - Tungobel - The Corsair Sniper south of town will no longer slide along his path.
- West Rohan - Westfold - Grimslade - Manv Rohan guards will no longer slide along paths.
- Jagger Jack is no longer T-posing in Chetwood.
- The maximum possible coin capacity for any player is 9999 gold, 999 silver, 99 copper. To prevent players from inadvertently losing coin exceeding this maximum:
- Players can no longer detach coin from emails if the transaction exceeds the maximum coin capacity.
- Players can no longer sell an item to a vendor if the transaction exceeds the maximum coin capacity. When using Sell All, any item whose value exceeds the maximum coin capacity will not be sold.
- Players can no longer trade coin if the transaction exceeds the maximum coin capacity on the recipient.
- When a player fails to receive coin as a mob reward or quest reward, the error message "Transaction exceeds maximum coin capacity." is displayed, but the extra coinage is lost.
0 Replies | 1,251 Views
| Happy Holidays!
Dec 18, 2016 - 11:43 AM - by Cairenn
From Dolby and I and all of our volunteers, we hope you have a happy and safe holiday season and that your new year is filled with peace and joy.
*Please note that due to the holidays, approval of addons or responses to messages may be slower than usual as everyone will be spending time celebrating the season with family and friends.
0 Replies | 5,291 Views
| (LotRO) Update 19: March of the King Release Notes, 13 Oct 2016
Oct 13, 2016 - 5:40 PM - by Cairenn
Of Special Note:
After the Battle, A New Day Dawns
The Battle of the Pelennor Fields is won... but the war is far from over. Gather your strength and mourn the dead, but tarry not long for soon the Host of the West will begin its march towards Mordor. Explore after-the-battle versions of the Pelennor, Osgiliath, and the Crossroads before venturing into the dangerous and overgrown wilderness of North Ithilien. Over 90 region quests and deeds included.
Epic Volume IV, Book 7 "The Trap"
There is little time to mourn friends lost during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, for the armies of Mordor will soon return to finish what they began. Aragorn needs your help to make a crucial decision, one that could have grand repercussions for the fate of Middle-earth: should the Free People prepare to defend their lands from the attack that must surely come, or should Aragorn risk all in setting a trap for Sauron that the Dark Lord will not be able to resist…?
Cape of Belfalas Housing
Need to get away from all the war and darkness of recent events in Middle Earth? Visit the scenic Cape of Belfalas for a breath of fresh sea air - and the most stately, well-appointed housing for sale to adventurers of all stripes. Look for a broker in Bree, Dol Amroth, and Minas Tirith today!
Check out a set of Cape of Belfalas quests to tour around the area and get into the seaside state of mind.
- New Premium individual and Kin housing is available for Mithril
- Hook point counts inside and out are more than doubled
- Own as many individual Premium houses as you want & keep your classic house
- Premium upkeep is waived for VIPs. Upkeep is possible with gold or Mithril.
Flora Barter System
The herbs, roots, and flowers of North Ithilien, the garden of Gondor, were prized by its herbalists of old, and today’s herbalists are recovering their uses once again. Players will be able to gather plant-life from North Ithilien in Gondor and barter them for an evolving list of rewards by speaking with the Host of the West Herb-master and Herbalist. Gathering flora yields one of five color items that can be exchanged for various rewards, including boots, leggings, armor, gloves, helms, mantles, and more. Some colors are more common, while others are rare.
News and Notes:
Source and full patch notes.
- The option to Disable Combat Music now works reliably.
- The "Get Points" button on the Character Transfer UI has been renamed Help because it points to an article rather than the store.
- It is now possible to use existing character transfer tokens to transfer characters. If you have tokens, you will need to use them prior to using Turbine Points. Only one currently can be used at a time, so if you wish to transfer more characters than you have tokens, transfer the appropriate number of characters using tokens first, then transfer the rest. NOTE: The Character Transfer Token system will be available through the end of the year. Players should use all of the tokens they wish to use prior to the end of December 31st, 2016.
0 Replies | 10,505 Views
Follow us on
New & Updated