lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 01-19-2015, 09:52 AM
The Unscathed

[Request] Icon/Button Container?

This is kind of a weird one...

I have a bunch of plugins for LOTRO, and most of them come with a nifty little icon/button that floats around on the main screen. Individually, these are great and very useful. However, as the number of plugins I use continues to grow, I am finding that a sort of container to hold all of these icons in a neat and tidy way would be highly useful. Anyone remember the 'Fences' desktop app put out by Stardock? That's basically what I'm picturing, here (only more simple, of course).

What do you think? Is there an existing plugin that could handle this? Thanks in advance!
Unread 01-21-2015, 06:54 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

No plugin unfortunately. I had some ideas but it would most probably require work on the plugins themselves, not only a plugin that collects the icons.
Unread 01-21-2015, 07:44 AM
The Undying

This isn't really possible for plugins that use private Apartments. In order to avoid conflicts with other plugins as well as to allow unloading/reloading, some plugins use a separate Apartment which provides them their own Lua environment. One side effect of this is that the plugins can't interact with other plugins outside their apartment so there would be no way for a "container" plugin to interact with these - they could not set their buttons to be children of the container and there would be no way for the container to control the button positions/visibility without access to their environment.
Unread 01-21-2015, 03:35 PM
The Undying

It could work for plugins that have chat commands to control them.

You could make a plugin that has a collection of icons corresponding to other plugins, and when you click the icon, it issues to appropriate chat command to open the other plugin.

Not all plugins have the necessary chat commands, though. A motivated individual could make the necessary modifications to them. But that individual would have to be a lot more motivated than me.
Unread 01-21-2015, 09:54 PM
The Unscathed

Well, it was a nice thought, anyway. Thanks for the info, everyone.