lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-05-2014, 07:25 PM
The Undefeated

Need some Help

I am a returning player to LOTRO, about a week and a half ago I started up playing again and installed LOTRO, all my plugins and UI skin with no issues. Then about a week ago, I bought a new MB and CPU set and had to do a fresh install of everything. After days of issues, turned out one of my ram sticks fried and was causing load issues, I get my system running and reisntall LOTRO. Now, for whatever reason I can no longer get any plugins or UI skins to work. I had originally put lotro on my D drive, thinking that might be an issue I move it back, but of course I cant remember the exact directory it was in. I moved it all over and the game launches but no plugins are getting picked up. So, as it stands my pathways are as follows.

Lotro client: C:>LOTRO>The Lord of the Rings Online (game loads up fine)

Plugins: C:>Users>My Name>My Documents>The Lord of the Rings Online
Plugins>DhorPlugins
DigitalUtopia
HabnaPlugins
PengorosPlugins
Shady
Turbine
TurbinePlugins

UI Skins: C:>Users>My Name>My Documents>The Lord of the Rings Online
UI>Skins>Erorlingas Revisted Again 7.5>Erorlingas Revisted 7.5>
then all the folders, not sure why there's 2 Erorlings folders but
thats how it unzipped

Any help would be greatly appreciated. IF some one could, Id like to know what the pathway for the actual Lotro Client should be. I had originally moved it to keep just windows on the C drive alone.

thanks

Theo
Unread 05-05-2014, 07:44 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Edit: Never mind my previous question.

I think LOTRO can be installed in different directories, depending on the method you use to download it (e.g. from the Turbine web site, or through Steam). If you downloaded it from the Turbine web site, the default location is
(64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online
(32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online
Not sure if having the extra "Erorlingas Revisted 7.5" folder makes a difference, but you should eliminate the extra nested folder.

I'm also not sure why the game would not be able to find your plugins directory. One thing you might try: Run cmd.exe, and type "set". It should show a bunch of variables. What is the value of your USERPROFILE variable?

Last edited by Thurallor : 05-05-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Unread 05-05-2014, 07:52 PM
The Undefeated

thanks for the reply, says,

C:\LOTRO\The Lord of the Rings Online\TurbineLauncher.exe"

I guess I should of asked, if it even matters what the pathway is for the lotro client, in relation to where the plugins/ui skins are located. I only mentioned that I moved it, incase there is an issue when moving the client from folder to folder causing an issue with the plugins folder.
Unread 05-05-2014, 07:55 PM
The Undying

I edited my reply above; please reread it.

Please note, when you move the installed files, you're supposed to run "TurbineRegisterGDF.exe" (which can be found in the game client folder) to update the registry. I'm not sure if this could have to do with your problem.
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:00 PM
The Undefeated

yeah, you swapped the info after I posted but I did read it and follow those instructions, I moved the client to the targeted location you supplied for 64bit and it opened with no issues, but none of my plugins are showing as of yet

does the pathway I have set for the plugins look right? I followed where I was suppose to put them, but I'm thinking Im missing some small step and for the life of me I cant see it
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:29 PM
The Undying

What's the value of your USERPROFILE variable (see above)?
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:55 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Run cmd.exe, and type "set". It should show a bunch of variables. What is the value of your USERPROFILE variable?
UserProfile=C:\Users\myname

thanks again for your efforts, IM not very good with software issues but I've never had these problems installing the plugins in the past
Unread 05-05-2014, 09:43 PM
The Undying

Do a global search of your hard drive for a file called "lotro.keymap". That file is updated each time you exit the game.

If there are multiple copies, find the one that was updated most recently. That will be where the game is looking for Plugins and UI skins.
Unread 05-05-2014, 10:11 PM
The Undefeated

found it,, its under C:>Users>nyname>My Documents>The Lord of the Rings Online

also in that folder are

PluginData
Plugins
UI
lotro.keymap
UserPreferences
Unread 05-05-2014, 10:24 PM
The Undying

Are you loading the plugins using the Plugin Manager in the game? Click the "^" menu at the bottom the screen, then select "System" -> "Plugin Manager".