lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Graphics modification help (L)

Unread 12-07-2011, 09:03 AM
The Unscathed

[Eclipse Skin] Vault: Icon Highlight Example

Eclipse,

As I mentioned in Vault: Icon Highlight, their is a problem with the item highlighting in the Eclipse skin.

Attached is a comparison image showing the highlighting seen in your skin, the standard game client and in Bryce's BGM Red v5.

Although it is difficult to see, your vault does offer highlighting. However it looks like a two pixel wide underline. In comparison to the more prominent highlighting seen in the standard and BGM versions, its easy to see why I said it was missing.

Note that this issue is seen only in the Icon Only mode of the Vault and Shared Storage Panels. Icon and Text mode uses a different form of highlighting. The Wardrobe Panel is not affected because it only offers Icon and Text mode.

I hope this helps to clarify my request.

(Moderators: My apologies if this is not in the correct section of the Forum. Not to mention taking a conversation out of the Author Portal. However the Bugs, Feature Request and File Comments sections do not allow images.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	icon_selected_overlay comparison.jpg
Views:	1295
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	263  
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:55 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

While the vault's item highlighting indeed barely visible in Eclipse UI, it exists (on your attached sample, the first slot's 1 pixel bottom line is slightly brighter, still undetectable).
The graphic is the same used in the Social listings (those thin separators), for example.
If I brighten or thicken it for the sake of the vault, it will affect other highlights in the UI, so I do not intend to change at this point.

Last edited by Eclipse : 12-07-2011 at 11:57 AM.