lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Tutorials & Other Helpful Information (L)

Unread 04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

hehehehe, I hear that one!

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Super Mod

Vitals bar?

I can't seem to find it. Did I miss it? Is there a vitals (avatar) ID?

Kuv
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:04 PM
The Undying

Anyone know what (if they exist) IDs are used for the fading borders in most of the windows? I can seem to find it. Here is an image with everything transparent except the fading border.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	what.jpg
Views:	1230
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	43  
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
Anyone know what (if they exist) IDs are used for the fading borders in most of the windows? I can seem to find it. Here is an image with everything transparent except the fading border.
I took another look at my borders. That fading appears to be the same thing I am using in my UI and is the alpha channel. Try removing the existing alpha the reapplying it. If you still get the fading, chances are there are still faded pixels along the borders. You will have to erase those. Hope that helps. It was my best guess - lol.

Kuv
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Go for three

Send a message via AIM to Sabar Send a message via MSN to Sabar Send a message via Yahoo to Sabar
There isn't one that I know of, it follows the exact path of panel_border but I know that isn't it.
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvasie
I took another look at my borders. That fading appears to be the same thing I am using in my UI and is the alpha channel. Try removing the existing alpha the reapplying it. If you still get the fading, chances are there are still faded pixels along the borders. You will have to erase those. Hope that helps. It was my best guess - lol.

Kuv
I used completely transparent images to remove everything I could from the window, and that is what is left. I know there is at least one more ID, and I don't know what it is, if it even exists. I am trying to find out what it is so I can make some changes to the Skin Viewer.
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
I used completely transparent images to remove everything I could from the window, and that is what is left. I know there is at least one more ID, and I don't know what it is, if it even exists. I am trying to find out what it is so I can make some changes to the Skin Viewer.
Not a clue - I try play around with it later tonight. If I find anything, I'll let you know.
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:44 AM
The Indomitable

I dont know if anyone has yet to find any of the sizes for the tags or not, but heres a link that should give almost everything thats in the UI to be skinned and with sizes i think. Sorry if someone may have already posted this.

http://lotro.turbine.com/article/330

http://lorimages.turbine.com/admin_f...02/97/1327.jpg

On another note, I just dont get how to do this at all. Wish someone could code a simple program for people like me to be able to possibly drag and drop graphics in and help us resize and stuff, sorta like a UI skinner for dummies or something,lol. I just hate that bottom bar in LOTR and that huge icon for auto battle, its useless, wish i could take the bag icons and the icons for options and stuff, and stack em together leaving one side of the screen blank for chat. The minimap and HP charcter bar is to huge for the res 1024x768 and eats up my play screen, wish i could resize or dumb down alot of that stuff to make it sleak and neat.

Anyway big fan of the site and love everybodys work! Possibly Ill learn to do this in time cause Ive been really wanting to use some ideas i have in trying to make some interesting concepts. But Im still not even sure you can chop up parts of the main bottom letterbox bar and move things around like that.

Anyway, hope the link helps, and good luck to everyone!
Unread 05-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Go for three

Send a message via AIM to Sabar Send a message via MSN to Sabar Send a message via Yahoo to Sabar
Oh yeah, if you use the image sizes from LOTRO's article there, do NOT make base_box_center or base_box_center_silver 1024x1024 in size. I ran out of video memory on two different PCs testing this, the engine has a very hard time cutting that thing up. I went with 32x32 I think. All the other image sizes in that article are fine.

AmbushMartyr, the best way to learn is to download a simple interface and look at the file structure and stuff. It's just images and an xml file specifying which image belongs to which part of the UI.

Note that right now fancy things like resizing elements are not possible, it is strictly just repalcing the images in the game with different images of the same size.
Unread 05-03-2007, 05:17 PM
The Indomitable

Hey your right! I thought this was harder than it really is! I used another authors template here and started studying the structure and I get it now!

Im gonna try to see if I can come up with a few skins from this template, Ill also be sure to give the author credit as I used his form. But yeah, this is really cool and alot simpler than I thought. I still need to remember to save as a alpha chan but pretty simple so far.

Hope the links helped since I seen a few posts inquiring about sizes.

Big thanks everyone and hoping to get a new skin up soon.

Does anyone have any templates for Character HP bar,Minimap? I want to try and cut the graphics size on those to make a leaner visual if possible. I dont know how to do these from scratch but a template would help alot of you know of any, thnaks again, good luck to all!