lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > DDO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (D)

Unread 01-01-2009, 01:35 AM
The Wary

A few basic modding questions

I like to be straightforward and specific, so I'll number these and hope someone knows at least a few of the answers. For background, I downloaded several mods and really like the "Azure 'Lite'" compilation mod, but there are some things I'd like to change:

1) What are the XML entries responsible for deleting altogether:
a) The Auto-Attack button. By replacing all apparently relevant entries with invisible.tga, I simply managed to get an empty, black circle where the auto-attack button would be, but the border's still there, the black background is still there, and the orange "swirlies" still show up when appropriate. I'd like to straight-up remove it.
b) Player and Enemy portraits. I noticed that these are entirely gone in the excellent WIP "Black Fade," but I don't like how that mod leaves black backgrounds where I'd like transparency, and I *love* the window skinning in Azure Lite. For a bonus question, how did that author move the level number up next to the vitals?
c) The mysterious new legendary weapons button on the left side of the main toolbar. I haven't seen or noticed a UI mod that removes it. We hates it, we does.

2) How do I resize the level-up meter? I love Azure Lite's "25%" and "75%" indicators (which would be nice to put INSIDE the level meter instead of above), and the tick marks (which I'd love to reduce), but the meter itself is too wide for me to get a quick eyefull of where I'm at!

3) How do I replace the black background common to some things with nothing (transparency)? Which "bg#" entry corresponds to the Gambit name background? (The Black Fade Gambit panel has a black bg here, but similar elements in my UI are transparent).

4) Is there a way to reduce the size of the movable panels? The Gambit Panel, for example, extends downwards much farther than the image within it, so I can't lower the image to the bottom of the screen (I wanted the gambit icons in-line with my main hotbar).

I know I had others, but I'll wait on these. Maybe as I go, I'll figure out how this XML works and make my own
Unread 01-01-2009, 01:52 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That's a lot of questions!

1) In order to "delete" the auto-attack button, I actually moved it way off-screen and made it very tiny so it no longer shows up. The lines of code I changed to make this happen were:

<Element ID="AutoAttackIndicatorButton" X="1000" Y="63" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
<Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="1000" Y="63" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_AutoAttack_TutorialHighlight" X="1000" Y="45" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>

Similar things can probably be done for the portraits and legendary weapons button.

2) You can resize the exp meter by modifying the "toolbar" panel. Take a look at the SkinDefinition.txt file included with the Mines of Moria default UI you can download on this site.

3) The images corresponding to the Gambit name background are "box_gambit_title_center", "box_gambit_title_left", and "box_gambit_title_right". Remap them to an invisible TGA to remove the background entirely.

4) You can probably do this by modifying the underlying panel XML, but unfortunately things are kind of hit-and-miss on whether or not it works in-game. Once again, take a look at the SkinDefinition.txt file and start playing with the XML to see what results you get in-game.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: This information is for LOTRO UI skinning which I assume you're talking about, not DDO as the section implies.