lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-19-2009, 05:51 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

hmm could be done but .. coordinates aren't that simple in layout.xml.

I suggest that you do it once properly yourself and then save the layout so you don't have to never do it again.

To save your layout type
/ui layout save (optional file name)

To load your layout type
/ui layout load (optional file name)

To unlock your quickslots check "Options" -> "Quickslots" and CTRL+# (keybind might vary so look it up from your Key Mappings) to move stuff around on your screen.
Unread 09-19-2009, 06:08 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon
hmm could be done but .. coordinates aren't that simple in layout.xml.

I suggest that you do it once properly yourself and then save the layout so you don't have to never do it again.

To save your layout type
/ui layout save (optional file name)
Awesome. That was my first idea but didn't know how to do that. This works. I'd still prefer precision but this is okay.

No real easy way then for precision? :/

Thanks again
Unread 10-06-2009, 12:53 PM
The Wary

The Crafting Interface

Hello, I'm fairly new to LOTRO, a couple of months or so & I'm having a great time. I've found myself in in a kin with a great bunch of people, but it's a smallish group, with a lot of alts. Currently I'm the only supreme master metalsmith, and I spend an aweful lot of time making gear for my kinmates, which I really enjoy. Makes all the effort of leveling the trade worthwhile.

So, to my interface wish. I havent counted, but I must have a couple of hundred recipies in the list, all of which I have to search through using the tiny little recipie window which shows, I think 8 recipies. It's a bit like looking out at the world through a letterbox. What I'd really like is more space to see what I have, so I can see components and the items I want to craft at the same time, without scroll up, scroll down, scroll up, scroll down, etc...

The image below is just a quick & dirty photoshop job, a cut & compile from several screenshots I took of my crafting interface. Not perfect obviously, If the crit items are shown then there'd be no need for the recipie & mastery oprion tabs at the bottom etc, but I just wanted to see how much nicer it would be if I could see more of my recipie list ot once. Maby the right hand pane could be tab'd untill mastery of a tier was achived, or the crit portion geryed out.

ANyway, it's just a small quality of life change that I'd love to see.
Finger crossed.
Unread 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
The Wary

Multi-Monitor Support!

I want a mod that can make use of horizontal spanning (read: NOT extended desktop) of multiple monitors.

Typically in horizontal spanning with two monitors your character gets split between the monitors which is really annoying. So instead it'd be great to render the game on the main monitor as usual and use the 2nd monitor for UI elements.

This has been done in WoW, so why not here?

If the game could natively support a multi monitor setup (extended desktop instead of horizontal spanning) it would probably be even better!

Here's a link to how it's done in WoW:
http://www.wow.com/2007/05/11/dual-h...-how-to-guide/

Last edited by cbstryker : 10-19-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added link
Unread 10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
The Undying

Let's hope a turbine dev will read your wishes because there isn't anything we rest can do to help with those
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:31 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendundrup
Hello, I'm fairly new to LOTRO, a couple of months or so & I'm having a great time. I've found myself in in a kin with a great bunch of people, but it's a smallish group, with a lot of alts. Currently I'm the only supreme master metalsmith, and I spend an aweful lot of time making gear for my kinmates, which I really enjoy. Makes all the effort of leveling the trade worthwhile.

So, to my interface wish. I havent counted, but I must have a couple of hundred recipies in the list, all of which I have to search through using the tiny little recipie window which shows, I think 8 recipies. It's a bit like looking out at the world through a letterbox. What I'd really like is more space to see what I have, so I can see components and the items I want to craft at the same time, without scroll up, scroll down, scroll up, scroll down, etc...

The image below is just a quick & dirty photoshop job, a cut & compile from several screenshots I took of my crafting interface. Not perfect obviously, If the crit items are shown then there'd be no need for the recipie & mastery oprion tabs at the bottom etc, but I just wanted to see how much nicer it would be if I could see more of my recipie list ot once. Maby the right hand pane could be tab'd untill mastery of a tier was achived, or the crit portion geryed out.

ANyway, it's just a small quality of life change that I'd love to see.
Finger crossed.
Well... just posted WideCraft and TallCraft. I prefer the Tall one, hope it is of some use!
Unread 01-05-2010, 01:35 AM
The Undefeated

Many of my wishes have come true thanks to you guys here

atm i can think of just one remaining: being able to work at the grouping-window (filling from bottom to top instead of top to bottom, using the vital-frames from Daimon Mini ui, placing the buffs and debuffs right of the vitals instead of under them).
But if i didn`t overlook something in the current skin-dicitionary.txt (or something is missing there ^^), this part is currently not available for change
But hey, there are still many books and patches to come

Thanks to D.H1cks for is awesome editor!!
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:41 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletsix
atm i can think of just one remaining: being able to work at the grouping-window (filling from bottom to top instead of top to bottom, using the vital-frames from Daimon Mini ui, placing the buffs and debuffs right of the vitals instead of under them).
But if i didn`t overlook something in the current skin-dicitionary.txt (or something is missing there ^^), this part is currently not available for change
If it could be done I would have done it already :/ Wish they would seperate the buff areas as their own elements instead being tied to vital frames. Even restricting the height (so I could block some of the buff rows) doesn't work .. the buffs are the most annoying part of the UI atm imo.
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:17 AM
The Undying

Please, please;

Horizontally or unlocked Fellowship unit frames...

I find it easier, when healing, to scan horizontally than vertically...
Unread 10-24-2010, 04:31 AM
The Wary

Is there a way to make a mail mod that would let you mail multiple items to the same person all at once?