lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 06-25-2011, 10:52 PM
The Indomitable

Sorting idea

I've seen for several months now that the sorting functions for the bag plugins are either broken, problematic (disappearing items), or incredibly slow. I was thinking of a possible nice solution, at least until Turbine puts some effort back into Lua.

Why not just sort the display of the inventory when the bag opens rather than having an explicit sort that tries moving the objects from bag slot to bag slot. I see in the code for some of the bag plugins that they just display the inventory from 1 to self.backpackSize. Is this possible to look at what is in each slot first, sort it, then display the slots in order?
Unread 06-25-2011, 11:50 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsonline
I've seen for several months now that the sorting functions for the bag plugins are either broken, problematic (disappearing items), or incredibly slow. I was thinking of a possible nice solution, at least until Turbine puts some effort back into Lua.

Why not just sort the display of the inventory when the bag opens rather than having an explicit sort that tries moving the objects from bag slot to bag slot. I see in the code for some of the bag plugins that they just display the inventory from 1 to self.backpackSize. Is this possible to look at what is in each slot first, sort it, then display the slots in order?
That would still hit the "equipped item" bug. And the latest version of sortpack no-longer has disappearing items!

Hwowever, I have been waiting for someone to do a Baggins for lotro myself...
Unread 06-26-2011, 10:29 AM
The Indomitable

I haven't done much troubleshooting with sortpack but I have had the number of items reported by, say, hugebag drop by one after a sort and received the "You are too busy..." error. I have assumed I lost an item somewhere during the sort so I stopped using it. Maybe it is stacking? I see there is an updated version. I will try that one. Thank you!

Last edited by cwsonline : 06-26-2011 at 10:32 AM.