lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces (L)

Unread 01-07-2009, 12:27 PM
The Wary

Quest Helper addon

I am new to the LOTRO world after playing WOW for a while. I'm enjoying LOTRO much more!

One question I have it are there addons for LOTRO like there is for WOW? Specifically one like QuestHelper that gives guides to quests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:19 PM
The Undefeated

Nope.
I believe Turbine has even stated that there will never be a full addon code of any kind added to LotRO.
Unread 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM
The Wary

I was wondering. Are the interface updates then just the layout of the screen and such?
Unread 01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
The Undefeated

Yea.
We can modify and change the artistic aspects of the UI, just cannot add anything new.
They might change their minds and open a little bit of addon stuff we can do, but I've not seen any word on that as of late.
Unread 02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
The Wary

I, too, am making the transition.
Staying on the subject, but off the topic (if you can wrap your mind around that...), how about a non-mod questing guide that you can have open in a browser window (in my case, on a second monitor), similar to Jame's Levelling Guide?

In many titles, you'll want to kill the same set of mobs for perhaps three different quests, and a guide like that will point you to questgiver A, then questgiver B, then questgiver C, THEN send you to go attack the Vile Widgets...so you don't spend 30 minutes just running back and forth to the same spot over and over....

Last edited by Jabs : 02-08-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Unread 03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Litos
There is an update coming with Book 7 with a beta version of the Quest Helper. Not sure exactly what it does yet but there may be a US player here who could shed some light on it.
Unread 03-28-2009, 01:32 AM
The Undying

Ah, yes. This option is disabled by default. You can enable it in UI Options.

On the full-screen map, it will place a ring directly on the location of an NPC you need to talk to. If there is a mob(s) you have to kill, the general area will be highlighted. On the minimap, an arrow with a ring around it points you to this area or NPC. When you are in the general area (in the highlighted area or withing radar distance of the NPC), the arrow disappears and the area name under the minimap glows.

I'm not entirely sure how the system for choosing which quest to show you on the minimap works, but I know that you can right-click the ring next to any quest and click "Set Quest Guide Focus", and the minimap will show the arrow for that one. On the full-screen map, there is a box (which gets in the way, you can drag it around but it doesn't stay put when you close and open the map again) with a list of all your quests. You can check and uncheck the quests in this box to choose which ones to mark on the map.

This does not work for all quests, does not work for deeds, and does not work in instances.