lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 09-09-2010, 02:28 AM
The Unscathed

Lua Plug-in and UI?

I'm Sorry for the title, but I couldn't come op with anything better.

I have a question about how the UI of a Lua plug-in looks in-game. Let me explain myself a bit better. If you took a look at the Travel Window plug-in, you see it has a different UI then the standard Lotro UI.

My question is, is this because a.) it's designed like this? b.) is D.H1cks using another UI then the standard one and is this represented in the plug-in?

Is a plug-in depended on the UI you're using or do you need to create your own UI for it?
Unread 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elentir
I'm Sorry for the title, but I couldn't come op with anything better.

I have a question about how the UI of a Lua plug-in looks in-game. Let me explain myself a bit better. If you took a look at the Travel Window plug-in, you see it has a different UI then the standard Lotro UI.

My question is, is this because a.) it's designed like this? b.) is D.H1cks using another UI then the standard one and is this represented in the plug-in?

Is a plug-in depended on the UI you're using or do you need to create your own UI for it?
I use the WoW Style Skin, so my screenshots show my travel window with that skin applied. It appears that LUA plugins using the base UI Elements like Window, Button, etc... will use whatever skin the user has selected.

Hope that clears it up.

I should make a note of the fact in my plugin description.
Unread 09-09-2010, 06:46 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
I use the WoW Style Skin, so my screenshots show my travel window with that skin applied. It appears that LUA plugins using the base UI Elements like Window, Button, etc... will use whatever skin the user has selected.

Hope that clears it up.

I should make a note of the fact in my plugin description.

I sure hope so! (I can almost imagine people wanting tens of plugins skinned too ;p)
Unread 09-09-2010, 11:15 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
You are correct! If something within a Lua plugin uses one of the built-in element appearances, it will go through the skinning system and use the appropriate version for whatever skins you have installed. This similarly applies for the Monster Play version of the UI (i.e.- your addons will automatically start using the "evil skin" when they run on your MP characters).
Unread 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM
The Unscathed

Thanks for the reply D.H1cks. That's indeed the answer I wanted to hear. So you UI skinners can consider yourself lucky.