lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM
The Wary

Function to Get Scrolling Combat Text

Hello,

I have been writing some scripts for some games, I am trying to find a method of detecting text in game. The text Iam looking for is scrolling combat text. Eg. You hit a target for 100 damage and text saying '100' will float out of them and slowly fade.

I was wondering if it was possible?

Thanks you.
Unread 02-20-2012, 11:27 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Capturing the text is relatively trivial with the Chat object (see LoTRO Alerts for an example of how to use the Chat object) - you'd just have to set up a pattern to watch for on the Combat channel. For display purposes, you could use a simple Update event handler to slowly scroll and fade the text. The only problem would be where to display the text - we can't get the location of your target so the text would either have to appear at a predetermined location on screen or possibly at the mouse cursor but the cursor seems like a bad idea for those that use the mouse to select skills, etc.