lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 07-05-2007, 05:26 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Auto-Attack Button Positioning

Just a thought, has anyone tried altering the positioning so that this button can go off screen?

Say for the Y attribute, try making it a negative number and testing the result?

That would be very handy if it did go off screen!

If no one has tried this already, i'll give it a go.

Thanks,

Trottimus
Unread 07-05-2007, 05:50 AM
The Undying

I didn't try it for the attack button, but I did do a negative number for the Y location of the Focus/Fervor indicators, and it worked ok. It basically just cut the top off of the image.
Unread 07-05-2007, 10:08 AM
The Undying

You can actually "hide" the indicator by placing it outside the range of the bar, as it is a component of the bar itself. However, I did this accidentally on my first try of doing an interface and found that it seemed to cause "hitching" in play.

I'd recommend only doing so at your own risk of possible degeneration in game performance. Many games have this same issue...placing components "off-screen".
Unread 07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
The Undying

Thanks for the replies guys, I think i'll leave it within the bar then
Unread 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thinking outside of the box a little more...

I havent had the time to do so yet, but Ive planned on scaling that little bugger down to half or even 1/3rd size. (Or less, Im crazy remember!)

Making it a little eraser sized indicator instead of the quarter (coin) sized beast we have now would surely help...

Thinks about it.
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
The Undying

hehe Way ahead of ya, AncientWolf!

I actually tried this on Onyx Magma... I made the in and out of combat images 50% size, made the proportions to match in the xml, and all looked great...until I went into combat. When in combat, the one ArtAsset we don't have is the in-combat animation..the ring of fire. When that started up, it was full size and stretched the in-combat image to its former size... I spent 3 hours on that puppy before abandoning the idea. lol
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanon
hehe Way ahead of ya, AncientWolf!

I actually tried this on Onyx Magma... I made the in and out of combat images 50% size, made the proportions to match in the xml, and all looked great...until I went into combat. When in combat, the one ArtAsset we don't have is the in-combat animation..the ring of fire. When that started up, it was full size and stretched the in-combat image to its former size... I spent 3 hours on that puppy before abandoning the idea. lol
I never toyed with it because I thought it might end up like that, thanks for confirming it though!

Hey! Wheres Frosty? Hmmmm? <Yoda Voice> Forum posts not made have you! What we got coming? Hmmmm...
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
The Undying

I can confirm the same.

The size of the auto-attack button can be reduced and image replaced, but not the indicator.

This is requested under the Wish-list.