lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM
The Undying

BIG changes to Lorebook, MyLOTRO, Forums and data.lotro.com

Posted Wednesday 24 April 2013 by Sapience):
* [http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ms-and-MyLOTRO Important changes coming to the LOTRO Forums and MyLOTRO]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapience
Soon we will be making several significant changes and updates to the LOTRO community websites. Some features of the existing community site will be upgraded, while others will be discontinued.

Forums
The forums are going to be upgraded to a slightly newer version of VBulletin.
Changes will include:
  • The forum styling/appearance will be updated.
  • We will be adding a new forum home page that includes forum category navigation and feeds of recent turbine announcements/recent player discussions.
  • The reputation system will be discontinued.
  • Forum performance will be improved.
  • The forum layout and the number of forums will be streamlined to reduce the number of forums and sub-forums.
  • Our bug reporting system is being revamped. We will update the bug reporting links as soon as the new system is available.

Lorebook
The LOTRO Lorebook will be discontinued. Official Guides will be relocated to LOTRO.Com website. If you have created a guide and wish to save it, please copy it from the lorebook in the next few days. We will be creating a new “Player Created Guides” forum for you to post your guides in.

MyLOTRO
Several MyLOTRO components will be moving to LOTRO.com or retiring. Details are as follows:
  • The current player blog functionality will be discontinued. We are investigating ways of bringing blogging to players in the community site, but in the meantime existing player blogs can be exported for use at a later time. Exporting your blog will create an XML file containing all your blog entries, comments, and images, which can be imported into a variety of blogging platforms.
  • Character and guild data will be discontinued. Please note that this will also impact any systems that rely on character data including PVMP leaderboards, Character Signatures, and API functionality (data.lotro.com).
  • The Character Copy tool is being revamped and migrated to LOTRO.com.
  • The LOTRO referral system is being revamped and migrated to LOTRO.com. Please note that if you currently have active referrals, you will continue to accrue bonus points from your existing referrals, but you will be unable to redeem bonus points from your referral wallet or add new referrals until the new front-end of the referral system is launched.
LOTRO Lotteries
The LOTRO Lotteries will receive a slight refresh and a new widget that should make them easier to find and enter. Our current expectation is the new system will be available with the launch of the new community site.

Post #6
ETA -- mid-May, possibly later in the month.

Post #12
Q: No API is disappointing. I assume that includes the item data. Not that the item data was 90% accurate or up to date at all. But this totally kills most third-party tools.
Q: ust a quick question: considering that the Lottery system will go on (and that we can therefore suppose that the tech behind the characters data gathering will be still on), can we expect (possibly not at the relaese, but later) that we get the character data back (even if only as xml like in data.lotro.com)?
A: These are sort of related. The data will still be there for some time, but it will not be supported or updated and will eventually be disabled. So anything, in terms of third party apps, that work now will continue to work as they do now until such time as it's finally disabled completely.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
The Wary

Since I have not dived into the code, I am unsure of the answer but I wonder how this will affect various plugins that give you access to cross-character info like Cash's multi-character money total or Hugebag's multi-character backpack, vault, and shared vault access?
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:12 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardis
Since I have not dived into the code, I am unsure of the answer but I wonder how this will affect various plugins that give you access to cross-character info like Cash's multi-character money total or Hugebag's multi-character backpack, vault, and shared vault access?
This has zero impact on any plugin that uses the Lua API to acquire character data. That includes all of my plugins as well as Habna's Hugebag.

This change only affects third party applications/web sites that were using XML, RSS feeds or other utilities to acquire data from the lorebook/data.lotro.com database. Some plugins will become harder to maintain, for instance some of Lunarwater's data for Compendium and my recipe data for AltViewer (previously AltInventory ver 2.x) will be a bit harder to acquire but the plugins themselves will not be directly affected.

This will however have a huge impact on many fan sites and third party information sites such as lotro-wiki.

Last edited by Garan : 04-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:56 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

A LotRO Twitter feed on the forums homepage is a great idea. Ridding the rep system is not so much. I feel sad for my pips.

On the other hand, I loaded Guild Wars 2 this morning at the same time as the LotRO forums and was in the game before I could bring up a single LotRO forum page, so. Whatever they need to do to make it functional.

Last edited by Silverangel : 04-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.