lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-29-2009, 07:00 PM
The Wary

Want to change something, but howe to do it?

Well the self portrait where u can see your own vitals is something i want to change, i do like to have another graphic fore it, but only howe can i do this without having to either get total new ui skin and then have to replace all with the default just for one icon. or without losing all graphics.

Thanks for the help
Unread 05-30-2009, 04:47 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If you want to change the 3D portrait's border, you need to :
  1. Modify the player_vitals_backdrop.tga picture (found in the latest UI Skin Art pack).
  2. Create a SkinDefinition.xml file containing :
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <opt>
      <SkinName Name="choose_a_name"></SkinName>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="player_vitals_backdrop" FileName="player_vitals_backdrop.tga"></Mapping>
    </opt>
  3. Put both files in a [...]\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\choose_a_name directory.
To simply replace the 3D portrait with a new static picture, do the same but use player_vitals_lowrescover instead of player_vitals_backdrop for the picture and in the .xml file. And disable 3D portraits in-game.

In case of a static picture smaller than the default border, you need to edit and define both graphics in the .xml file, to remove the default border that will be visible behind your picture.

NOTE : if you change the graphics sizes it's a little more complicated as you need to change some positions too, but it can be done.

Last edited by Grimgroth : 05-30-2009 at 04:53 AM.