lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
The Undefeated

Capabilities of LotRO UI

I have a few questions regarding the limitations of what can be changed in the UI. I'm not looking for examples or tutorials on "how" but just "if" this stuff is even possible.

1. Is it possible to reskin game icons? I've seen some examples of bag icons being changed, but can the same be done for inventory and skill icons?

2. Can you create UI events in response to another event, such as combat skills used by an opponent? For example, flashing a warning up that says your health is low, when you reach x% or something.
Unread 08-26-2009, 09:15 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmkm22
1. Is it possible to reskin game icons? I've seen some examples of bag icons being changed, but can the same be done for inventory and skill icons?
Don't know.

Quote:
2. Can you create UI events in response to another event, such as combat skills used by an opponent? For example, flashing a warning up that says your health is low, when you reach x% or something.
No. LotRO only allows you to skin certain parts of the UI, exchange some graphice with others, and move things around. The information you're asking about requires an api with scripting possibilities, and there is none atm. No events are exposed.
Unread 08-27-2009, 06:02 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Some icons can be changed, download the UI SKin pack to see which ones those are. Bars ARE included. It's pretty much everything except skills icons.
Unread 08-27-2009, 12:23 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleitanious
Some icons can be changed, download the UI SKin pack to see which ones those are. Bars ARE included. It's pretty much everything except skills icons.
I spent roughly 3 hours last night going through the UI Skin pack. That was one unorganized mess, actually. I now have a much better understanding of what can be done, although it looks like I can *not* reskin item icons
Unread 08-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Tools and UI Engineer

Quote:
No. the inventory and skill icons have not been exposed,

Quote:
As mentioned, this requires a scripting ability that the UI does not currently have.

-P

Last edited by Frosty : 08-27-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: i suk at quoting stuff
Unread 08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
The Undefeated

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Also, Frosty, I looked up some of your previous posts here and now realize you are the closest thing LotRO has to a UI team.

Thanks for giving us the tools we do have, and I look forward to any potential replacements down the road.
Unread 08-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Tools and UI Engineer

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Also, Frosty, I looked up some of your previous posts here and now realize you are the closest thing LotRO has to a UI team.

Thanks for giving us the tools we do have, and I look forward to any potential replacements down the road.
You're welcome.

LOTRO has a full engineering team and they all participate on the UI. I'm just a guy who used to work on the team pre-launch. Skinning and customizing are near and dear to my heart. I'm also a loudmouth, but I only tend to post about stuff that I know about.

-P