lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 04-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

For any interface authors who are interested

You are welcome to join my guild, Runes and Relics, on Silverlode.

Also, if you guys want an IRC channel, I am more than happy to make one. We have channels for some of our other sites, for authors to hang out in, share tips, help each other, and just kick back and BS, etc.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
The Indomitable

So is this Kinship for interface authors only?

http://www.LOTROEDGE.com
Unread 04-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Not precisely. It's my (RL) family, the LotROInterface staff (Dolby, Kudane and his wife, as well as me and mine), and friends from other MMORPGs that are also/instead playing LotRO. We talked about it and decided that we'd also open it up for any authors/site regulars that want to join as well, if they don't have an existing kinship or are looking for a kinship that will be willing to help out with testing Interfaces/be understanding of folks logging in & out repeatedly while they tweak their Interfaces.

It's a "mature" kinship in that we all have lives and responsibilities outside the game and understand that of each other. At this point, there is zero intention of it ever being a "high end/end game/raiding" kinship, because frankly none of us have the time to devote to that, and for many of us we are burned out on that from previous games. Not to say we won't necessarily do the "high end" stuff when we get there, just that we don't plan on being some hard core "you must put in X hours and be on at Y time" kinship. If that is what you are looking for, Runes and Relics isn't going to be the place for you. If, on the other hand, you are looking for folks to joke around with, people that will understand that you need to log out right now because something has come up RL, willing to help out when and where they can, without obligation or expectation, if you don't feel you have a "right" to [whatever], even if you just want to have someone to be able to talk to when you log into the game rather than talking to yourself, then we may be what you are looking for.

Unread 04-09-2007, 04:39 AM
The Indomitable

hmm well imma right down the server. and will look you up. ill roll an alt and see what i think. Will try to find you in game. I dont think i will go with Cripster for a in game name since its not very lore friendly but i will pick something out. What is your in game name? I will assume cairenn for now and will search for anyone with your kinship title see ya soon i hope.

http://www.LOTROEDGE.com
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:21 AM
LUA Patcher
Premium Member

Yay! I might have found a kinship!

Cairenn,

Just read your description of what you consider a "mature" kinship! I think I'm in love (with the kinship, what did you think I meant? ). Seriously, I'm a somewhat dedicated but casual EQ2 player who loves to craft, solos a lot, groups occasionally, loves quests, doesn't care for raiding and grind groups and who absolutely adores LoTRO. I'm 52 and wife is 49. She doesn't have a lot of time for either game right now, but that will change eventually (she watched me playing LoTRO from her desk and finally told me to pre-order for her as well). As to interface author, I'm a retired Unix System Administrator who was also a heavy duty Korn shell/Sed/Awk scripter (classically trained programmer - top down design/structured programming) who has tweaked xml interface code from time to time in EQ2 and loves using/testing UIs. I'm using about 37 different UI mods in EQ2 (plus EQ2map) and actually use my own eq2ui_tradeskills.xml (Live code with a few default button tweaks). Additionally, my new part time job (I was retired, but put the harness back on to support my wife's new company) has me at least looking at xml code.

I think Runes and Relics could be a great match and home for me.

In game characters (on Silverhair, I mean Silverlode) are Rrys, Rryd, Rryl and Paks.

Hope to hook up with you folks soon!

Rrys

EQII-Rrys Clan'Skye/Qeynosian Halfling/70 Fury/70 Sage/The Bazaar/Zen Shadows/
LoTRO-Rrys/Hobbit/Guardian/Silverlode

Last edited by Rrys : 04-09-2007 at 08:25 AM. Reason: putting on sig
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

You guys are more than welcome. Yup, Cairenn is my main (as always), but just do a search for anyone with the kinship title and let them know you are hopping on board from the site and someone can hook you up.

Rrys - you won't be the oldest in the guild, nor the youngest. My own family has 3 generations playing, youngest being 19, oldest being 61. And who knows what all ages we've got going with the other folks in guild. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife.

Cripster, you darn well better!

Unread 04-09-2007, 06:12 PM
The Unscathed

My kinship (Thyrin Dirith) is also on Silverlode but I wouldn't mind having an alt in your kinship if it's alright with you.
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Fine by me.

Unread 04-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Please note: We are not recruiting and we are not accepting anyone and everyone. Longtime members of the *Interface.com sites, interface authors, family and longtime friends. We are happy being a small guild where everyone knows everyone else and we all have common bonds and interests. We aren't trying to be exclusionary, it's just that the core members have all had our fill of too big guilds with too many disparate interests, too many demands and expectations.

Unread 04-12-2007, 03:36 AM
The Undefeated

My guild's on Silverlode as well and we have our fair share of mature players just like you. I guess we really are the unofficial "old guy" server.

Hopefully see you guys around!