lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 07-29-2010, 04:41 AM
The Wary

Resizing / repositioning the pictures for the edges of all boxes

Hallo All!

First of all I want to excuse my grammar, I’m from Germany. But never the less I hope you understand what I mean

Because of the fact, that my in game characters are nearly all dwarves I thought that maybe I could create my own interface for dwarves with some ornaments and stuff. I’m at the very beginning of the progress of my work, but here’s my first problem I can’t figure out my self.

I’d like to create a special frame for all the window-boxes like the inventory, quest book, character window and all the other ones. So I looked through other UIs and also downloaded this package of all the files that could be customized and I learned al lot from all that. But my problem is that I’d like to resize and reposition the images for the corners of the boxes and in every UI I looked at, the corners are all the same size of 36x36 and the same position like the original files. What I’d like to do should show the following picture:

The red frame should be the original outline of all the windows, so the Position of the upper left corner of the red line is 0, 0. The green square should be my own picture for the corners of the boxes (it should be at the position -4, -4 and has a size of 20x20 pixels) and the blue rectangles should be my image for the left respectively the upper frame (so the left one should be on position 0, 16 and has a size of 16x200).
In all the .xml files of other custom UIs exists only one line for the picture of the corner or borders which applies for every window. This looks like that:
Code:
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_left" FileName="box\box_silver_upper_left.tga"></Mapping>
So my question is, whether it is possible to have only one line for the size and position for this graphic that also applies for every window, like this:
Code:
<Element ID="Base_Box_Silver_TopLeft" X="-4" Y="-4" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
Or do I have to edit every window separately?

But at a second thought the question is, how I could specify the position for let’s say the lower right corner. Nearly every window has an other size, so I possibly couldn’t use the following line, right?
Code:
<Element ID="Base_Box_Silver_BottomRight" X="ParentWidth-16" Y=" ParentHeight-16" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
Of course not with “ParentWidth” as a parameter, but something similar.

But to cut the long story short: Is it possible at all to create a border stile as I intended?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Last edited by Tec911 : 07-29-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:13 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I didn't have the time to think every aspect of your question but what i've understood your fears are correct - that's the main reason no one has done it before - you would have to rework every single window separately.

It's just a lot easier to use the space you have with the original files, try to work your graphics out with transparent areas.

You can't use tags that doesn't exist to us so "ParentWidth" idea wont do :/

So the answer is: it is possible to do but requires a hellawalat of work.
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:48 AM
The Wary

Oops, I’ve forgotten to link the package I meant. I’ve edited it.

But thank you very much for the quick response. I already feared that it won’t work for all windows at the same time.

An additional Question: I guess that changing the position of the close button in the upper right corner would be the same problem, right?

Well, than I guess I will have to find another way to implement my ideas.