lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 01-09-2008, 06:02 AM
The Wary

moving the autoattack button and fervor pip meter

Hello there.I am trying to get this to work for me, i mean moving the autoattack button and the fervour pip display.So what i've been trying to do is to move the autoattack to the right side of the screen (doing a mirrored toolbar) and as i couldnt manage to do that i removed it completely by mapping a invisible.tga file.I got satisfied with the result as it is gone now.But let's say i want to move the fervor pip display above my char's portrait.Is it possible? I presume i muse use the whole screen resolution as a toolbar area or something like that.I tried to use the Lotro interface editor but it didnt work, i just set the values i want and it doesnt move neither my autoattack buton neither my fervor pip (not even in the default field of the toolbar).Any help would be apreciated.

PS:if i cant move the fervor pip bar above my char's portrait, can i at least change it's skin and let's say put it somewhere else in the toolbar field?

Thanks, and please try to be noob-explicit as im not experienced with this stuff, as the only reason i found to modify my ui is because of my monitor that doesnt support high resolution and i want to get a compact ui and why not admit it, cool for me.

Cheers.
Unread 01-09-2008, 12:58 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yeah you got it right pretty much. You can only move pip meters inside the main panel area (ID="ToolbarFieldMain"). So making an invisible .tga file and use it for your whole screen should do the trick and then you can move the meters where ever you like (ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay" & ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay" x,y values).

I don't know if it comes with some drawbacks (like additional memory usage or something similar) but you can try it.

I think someone already have done it before but can't remember the name of that skin. Look it up and see how it's been done.

And you can skin the fervour/pip meters.
Unread 01-10-2008, 04:22 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Exactly the trick is to use the whole screen as toolbar definition zone.

You can check my UI mod, the Yessh+ addon should help you as there are many comments in the skin definition file.

Note : with that mod you will be able to move the fervor pip bar above your char portrait. In fact that was the first idea behind the + mod.

Last edited by Deewe : 01-10-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
The Wary

Cheers guys, i got it running.nice of you to help me.
EDIT: hopefully, turbine will make it more flexible in the future.