lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM
The Undefeated

Fervor Pip Intervals

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to writing Lua plugins, and I've undertaken the task of creating a metronome for champions that will allow them to see when they are about to receive a Fervor pip while in fervor stance.

Using resources from lua programmers Falstar and Garan (Fervor pip-bars and a timer, respectively) I have managed to create a plugin that will act as the metronome.

The idea was to start the fervor pip timer the moment you enter combat, and after that count four seconds to designate a pip.

There are 3 bars in my plugin, allowing for four unique states: (No lights, one light, two lights, three lights).

However, something seems to be off with the synchronization, as the metronome works fine, only the state that designates the pip is random per encounter. Sometimes it will fire when there are zero lights, sometimes it will fire when there is one light, etc. During the encounter, though, the pip will reliably fire in that same spot (tested for over three minutes).

Can anyone give me a clue as to why this may be?

I'm using Turbine.Engine.GetGameTime() for the sake of keeping time.

Attached is a zip of the plugin.

Thanks!

--- FYI ---

The current version of this code is an untested attempt to determine if the number of seconds on the clock are retained at the close of combat, and used to determine the next pip at the beginning of the next encounter.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PipClock.zip (6.1 KB, 722 views)

Last edited by Mohrrin : 12-09-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: FYI