lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > Site Forums > Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions

Unread 12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
The Wary

MMOUI for Lotro?

I'm not sure who develops it but I noticed it's advocation on the front page of WowInterface.com so I was wondering if there is any chance on getting MMOUI for lotro? I love being able to easily update wow mods, it would be great for LOTRO as well

Angel
Unread 04-16-2011, 05:06 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAngelD
I'm not sure who develops it but I noticed it's advocation on the front page of WowInterface.com so I was wondering if there is any chance on getting MMOUI for lotro? I love being able to easily update wow mods, it would be great for LOTRO as well

Angel
To the best of my knowledge - LotROInterface wants a LotRO module for Minion to be created, but are having trouble finding someone with the time/ability/willingness to write it. Some believe they can write something better than Minion, others are having trouble with the sparse module documentation, and others simply don't know Java.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:41 AM
The Undefeated

Writing the plugin for MMOUI Minion is no problem, I already whipped up a rudimentary version.

What we need is a possibility from lotrointerface.com to query the info of the plugins.

Example:

Each plugin runs with 1 or more *.plugin files describing the plugins properties. Depending on how strict LotRO handles these files, one could add a property poiting to an URL of lotrointerface.com where the plugin is located. We could use this to load data and/or update the plugin with the minion.

Example 2:

Each plugin on lotrointerface.com HAS to have an additional file called lotrointerface.xml in which the current version and name of the plugin is stored. In addition, there would be again the URL to point to the place where the minion could update the plugin from lotrointerface.com

Bottom line:
It's not like making the minion understand LotRO is difficult.. It's making lotrointerface.com telling me what I want to know :-) But I'm sure they're already creating an API for us
Unread 01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Lord Dolby of Veeshan
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Sorry about missing this thread. Yes I can work on adding the minion api to lotrointerface if people are interested in making a lotro plugin for minion.
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:31 AM
The Undefeated

Is there a documentation for the minion API (not the plugin API but the website API)? Maybe the one from wowinterface.com ...?