lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 01-12-2010, 01:21 AM
The Indomitable

Minimalist UI Mod request

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a UI for quite some time now but unfortunately i've never been able to find what i am looking for so i've decided to basically try & get it made.

Attached is a picture i have created (excuse the skills or lack of), this shows how i would like it to look. I have looked into making it myself but it is quite confusing for me as it's not really my thing, so i was wondering if this would be a pain to create & if not, would someone be willing to do it for me.
I can pay a small fee or make a donation if required.

I run the game in 1920x1200 resolution (windowed) - any feedback, suggestions, comments, questions welcome

Thanks in advance

Unread 01-15-2010, 08:15 PM
The Indomitable

Is this even possible to do guys?
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:21 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I would think that it can be done. I don't work with the art assets so I wouldn't know where to start.

Sry I couldn't be of any help, just didn't want u to think it was just crickets round here.
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:31 PM
The Indomitable

haha, np thanks
Unread 01-16-2010, 03:51 AM
The Unscathed

It can be done, it just might be a bit time consuming. You can't just move the bar, you have to code each button on the bar. That includes the auto-attack button, fervour/focus pips, etc.

You might also have some issues with the toolbar being layered on top of the skill bars. I know I have quickbars overlapping part of the toolbar and they always load behind/underneath the toolbar when I first login.

I haven't worked extensively with moving elements around the screen, I mostly just tweak artwork. But I can try it.

Last edited by Gaylen : 01-16-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Unread 01-16-2010, 04:38 AM
The Undying

Done... I hope. Called it Neen UI and put it under beta interfaces. Hope this is ok. Very beta and only tested with a hunter. My UI is 1440 so I have set it to where I *think* it should be in terms of position. If it is wrong - have a tinker with the line

Code:
 <Element ID="ToolbarField" X="537" Y="2000" Width="1191" Height="85"> <!-- X="Width of screen/2 -423"-->
and change the x= bit...

I have little time on the PC at the moment so if it doesn't work perfectly it may take me a while to get round to fixing it.
Unread 01-16-2010, 06:05 AM
The Unscathed

I gave it a shot. Buttons are working. My screen is a different resolution, so you might load it up and find things are a hair off. It's pretty easy to go into the SkinDefinition and move that element one or two pixels. I tested it with a Hunter and RK to check those pip elements, which look okay at my resolution. I placed the first quickbar, since it was a part of the same panel and easy enough. You'll want to manually place the others.

I didn't test extensively, so no guarantees that it will work flawlessly.

Don't forget that once you select it from the menu for your character, you'll need to relog. Also, if anyone else is going to try to use this, check the note in the SkinDefinition to make the adjustment to your resolution. I've preset it to the OP's.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Neen Minimal.zip (196.3 KB, 1044 views)

Last edited by Gaylen : 01-16-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Unread 01-16-2010, 06:30 AM
The Undying

*laughs* Choice of two now!
Unread 01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
The Indomitable

Guys this is simply amazing, exactly what i had in mind

I've only managed to try Gaylen's so far but it is great, there was a slight issue with the image file though but a friend helped me with replacing a photoshop image with a .TGA image.

Thank you ever so much

Unread 01-16-2010, 10:38 PM
The Unscathed

Bah, I musta switched out the wrong one. I had saved it as a TGA, couldn't test it other wise. But I have saved the photoshop file in the same folder. I thought the PSD was the one I had moved out of the folder when I zipped it. Guess not. Sorry about that!

Glad to hear it's working, though.