lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
The Undefeated

Minimalist UI

Would it be posible for a minimalist UI to be done up? Something that involves smaller UI componants for just about everything from bags to group window.

Also would like it if that huge bulky tool bar at the bottom of the page could be split up. So that the different componants were independantly dragable.

If this is not posible with current mechanicas would it be posible to turn invert the tool bar so that it can be put at the top of the screen instead of the bottom where it would be less obtrusive?

Also would like it if the self, target, and groupmember icons could be done without a portrait. I honestly don't need a closeup of these in order to play.

I have to play at 1280x1040 and the current UI takes up way too much of my screen. Many of these sugestions would aleviate some of the problems.
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:47 PM
The Wary

Im sorry to say, but splitting up things is so far not possible, all we can do is change and/or remove the actual grafics for something. we can not move "fixed" parts of the UI either, like the bottom bar, but it is completely possible to make stuff invisible if you dont want to see them.
Unread 05-08-2007, 03:07 PM
The Undefeated

Given that, two quick questions to clarify.

1. would it be posible to invert the whole bottom toolbar and place it up top by inverting the whole ui. Sounds crazy, i know.

2. what would i need to do to make the bags and menu portions of the bottom bar dissapear?
Unread 05-08-2007, 03:40 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost45
Given that, two quick questions to clarify.

1. would it be posible to invert the whole bottom toolbar and place it up top by inverting the whole ui. Sounds crazy, i know.

2. what would i need to do to make the bags and menu portions of the bottom bar dissapear?
1. No. Can't do this yet. Main bar is completely stationary.

2. There are a handful of skins that do this:
For a more "minimalist" look you might want to check out my version of Nui Nobags. It trims the borders of most windows. I could make a version with the menu items invisible, too, if ya like. http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...NuiNobags.html
Unread 05-08-2007, 04:17 PM
The Undefeated

The clean toolbar version is exactly what i wanted! I would actually like to take it even one more step, as a guardian I have no need for the big auto-attack wheel. Is it posible for me to remove this?
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:05 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

I don't know that anyone has tried to remove it yet.
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Not possible, yet.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 05-09-2007, 12:26 AM
The Indomitable

well...you can't rearrange anything or phyically size anything down, but you can go check out my UI skin...i tried to pull out all the "frills" and leave just a simple UI...
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info38.html

if/when we can start actually editing the UI as a whole, instead of just the images, i'm sure you'll see a lot of minimalist UIs popping up. i know Nui(Bossy Ed.) will be getting a facelift if it happens! :P
Unread 05-09-2007, 04:49 AM
The Wary

actualy you can actualy scale things down.. in a way.. by making part of the button or window invisible.....

but you cant move stuff at all, so you'd have small buttons with loads of space between them

and the actionbar-items cant be made smaller since they arnt skinable, neither is individual items in the inventory.