lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Tools and UI Engineer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Missing ArtAssetIDs?

If this ought to be on the "Turbine Wish List" forum, feel free to move the post

There have been a couple of threads about wanting more ArtAssetIDs for pieces of the UI that haven't been tagged. (The different levels of hope and dread for the ring / radar is one )

Being that I'm a person of (some small) influence, I'd like to collect a list of things that YOU think are missing. I'm looking for things that are missing, NOT requests like "I'd like to have a different ArtAssetID for each dialog: character panel, social panel, etc." At this time, we don't plan to implement different backgrounds (or borders) for our panels.

NOTE: I'm not promising they will all be implemented! Some items (like skill icons, traits, icon based things) we don't currently have the tech to extract ArtAssetIDs for.

If you really want to be helpful:
  • you will itemize the different ArtAssetID requests in a list, like this!
  • you will explain fully what existing UI it's a part of
  • you won't get smarmy if I ask for more information

At this time, I'm not sure when the requested ArtAssetIDs will go live (i.e. not the next patch) but having a list will make sure we can get it done quicker-er.

On Friday, May 4th, I'll take the current list and discuss it with those people who can influence the implementation of the IDs and see what we can do. Anything after that date will be count toward the "next ArtAssetID definition" phase, whenver that is.

-P
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Waves hand!

You already mentioned the Radar Map Ring(s)

The Player Health/Mana (Woops, Morale/Power) Bars - Frames around them are what Ima looking for...

Targeting (opponent) Morale/Power Bars. - Same dealio!

Group "same as above" bars. - And, yes, same ting... Framies!

The reason I mention these is they seem the easiest to do (?) and are on the UI screen most if not all of the time. Theyd make for a easy completion to a skins look, no?

Last edited by AncientWolf : 05-01-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:50 AM
The Indomitable

Copy & Paste from my reply in the official feedback thread found here.

Quote:
On to the actual UI elements available for us to "skin", I can understand why you would not allow us to modify the player, target and party frames, clearly there's some nifty animation stuff happening on those frames that may involve an in-house or 3rd party application, but I can not see why things like the Champion Fervor and Hunter Focus ammount indicators (the ones above the combat button) can not be "skinned", the frames/borders for those are particular sore looking textures overlapping your custom work that for whatever odd reason we're not allowed to change, same goes for the casting/progress bar or the Fellowship Maneuver skill wheel, why can't we "skin" those???

Additional items I believe that if allowed to be "skinned" would generate a larger involvement from the comunity would be (in no particular order):

- Hunter Focus amount indicator and it's frame.
- Champion Fervor amount indicator and it's frame.
- Casting / Progress bar and it's frame.
- Fellowship Maneuver skill wheel
- All skill and state icons
- Health and Power bars
- The minimap border.

Additionally font type, color, size and style replacements while not part of "Skinning" are definitely high on the wanted list for a lot of obvious reasons and it should not be too complicated to implement customization of such things.
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:44 AM
The Undefeated

What I'd like to see is total customization of the player/target/group frames:

Frames
Bars
2D Player Portraits (for making our own icons, etc for each class)

I'd also like to be able to change the background/skin of the XP bar.

Hope that's enough info... thanks!!
Unread 05-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Go for three

Send a message via AIM to Sabar Send a message via MSN to Sabar Send a message via Yahoo to Sabar
I hope this helps.

blue_selection_vendor_item_repair_highlight
This is the art that should display when you mouse over an item in the repair window. It does not exist and can't be skinned, although the normal version can be.

blue_selection_title_normal
This art is the background art for each title in the character title panel. blue_selection_title_highlighted exists, but not the un-highlighted version. For some wierd reason the engine is using blue_selection_vendor_item_repair for the normal texture.

blue_selection_traits_normal
This art is the background art for each trait in the character trait panel, it can't be skinned.

blue_selection_selectable_reward_normal
This art should be the unhighlighted version of the art behind the quest rewards. It doesn't exist, but the highlighted version does. For some wierd reason the engine is using blue_selection_vendor_item_repair for the normal texture.

Bugs
blue_selection_vendor_item_repair skins not only the repair background, but also skins the non-existant blue_selection_selectable_reward_normal and blue_selection_title_normal.

Last edited by Sabar : 05-02-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Unread 05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Super Mod

Not sure if this is possible, but if you have a custom UI and logout of the character to go to another character, pieces of the UI (titlebar and buttons) are visible on the character selection screen. What is missing to complete the look (after login and loading of UI) are:
  • character select box borders (all 4)
  • character select box corners (all 4)
These may not be possible because they display when you first login, but I thought I would mention it.

Also, the Exp bar on the letterbox piece.

Thanks Frosty for asking for input,
Kuv
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Tools and UI Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvasie
Not sure if this is possible, but if you have a custom UI and logout of the character to go to another character, pieces of the UI (titlebar and buttons) are visible on the character selection screen.
This is actually a bug in the system that's going to be fixed in the month one patch. Custom UI skinning won't affect anything "outside" the game world: character selection and creation. We will now reset the skin back to the default when you leave the game.

So if you're only changing graphics, you jsut have to log out and back in to see the changes. If you add or delete ArtAssetIDs from the skin, you'll still have to restart the client.

-P
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:45 AM
The Undying

As already mentioned, IDs for the player/target/fellowship frames would help immensely in creating a more unified UI look. I'd also like to have the ability to skin the fervour/focus widget, as it looks out of place even in the default skin. I'd also like to be able to get rid of the swirly autoattack animation on the autoattack button.

Although it has nothing to do with IDs, will there ever be a way to completely hide the autoattack/system/bag buttons on the bottom bar? Currently we can set all but the fervour/focus and the animated autoattack swirly to a transparent image so that they don't show up, but the buttons are still physically there which makes using those areas for extra quickslot buttons a bit tricky.

Last edited by Kirsche : 05-02-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: clarification
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Go for three

Send a message via AIM to Sabar Send a message via MSN to Sabar Send a message via Yahoo to Sabar
Alright here are all the overlapped ID's.

"blue_selection_vendor_item_repair" skins not only the repair background, but also skins the non-existant "blue_selection_selectable_reward_normal" (background art for quest rewards) and "blue_selection_title_normal" (background art for titles).

All the "social_" asset IDs not only skin the social window, but for some reason skin the non-existant "blue_selection_trait_normal", which is the background art for the traits on the character panel.

It'd obviously be a lot better if these could be skinned independently, looks like a dev liked to cut corners

Another missing art is the money panel on the character screen where your stats are listed.
Unread 05-03-2007, 11:12 AM
The Wary

- player morale/power frame
- target morale/power frame
- group morale/power frame

^^

oh, and the map frame would be neat also.