lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 03-06-2015, 02:13 AM
The Wary

Audio Cues in LotRO Plugins

Hi all,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't been able to find anything in the forums about audio cues in LotRO plugins.

I know little to nothing about programming plugins, but I do know that LUA plugins (addons) can produce audio cues in WoW. A good examples of this would be the 2 different alerts that the addon 'GTFO' gives when you're standing in AoE damage.

Is it possible to create a plugin that would generate an audio cue if you're health is low? Or if you're standing in AoE damage? Or when you've had a skill proc? Or if you've reached a max stack of something? What about an audio count down timer?

Thank you for your time, help, and responses.

Vilya: 100 RK, 100 Ward, 85 LM

"The power is from within, but we cannnot recieve it unless we give it." -Charles Haanel
Unread 03-07-2015, 02:30 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry, no. Turbine has not chosen to expose that functionality in the Lua API.
Unread 03-07-2015, 10:21 PM
The Wary

ok, thank you.

"The power is from within, but we cannnot recieve it unless we give it." -Charles Haanel
Unread 03-09-2015, 12:00 AM
The Undying

Anyways, if someone wants to follow up on this, an example of how to play MP3s via Lua is here.
Unread 03-12-2015, 02:19 PM
The Wary

So you're saying there's a chance!

Thank you for that example moebius. This makes me wonder if there is a way to do this and tie into the parsing data on something like CombatAnalysis.

I know nothing about programming let alone programming in LUA, but even though it wouldn't be "live" data, if this MP3 functionality could be tied into a 'if-than' programming statement, could it trigger the MP3? If so, then it might be possible to get an audio tone warning players of AoE damage or spike damage.

Unread 03-13-2015, 01:10 AM
The Undying

Moebius' solution isn't just a plugin, though. It also requires that you run an external program outside of the game. Which is kind of kludgy. (You would either have to remember to run the external program each time you load the game, or you could use a batch file to run both).

But the principle is sound. One could certainly do all of the above things you suggested.
Unread 04-10-2015, 12:02 PM
The Wary

Thank you for making those points. Perhaps some day Turbine will realize that it's not a bad thing to let others write free software for you