lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
This is easy to do in Travel, I only check for the number of rations a player has. It would be easy to find the CountRations() routine, and disable the access to the backpack there. I would check it myself, but don't have access to Bullroarer so I might have to wait until release.
I looked at the piece of code once before. Once I get done making the updates I need to KragenBars, maybe I'll look at Travel too and see if I can disable the Rations count to see if I get any crashes.
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:46 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
This is easy to do in Travel, I only check for the number of rations a player has. It would be easy to find the CountRations() routine, and disable the access to the backpack there. I would check it myself, but don't have access to Bullroarer so I might have to wait until release.
I miss my travel window. Is it something that I can disable to test it for you. I have no experience making a plug in so I wouldn't know where to find the routine to disable.

I know it's not all plugins because Combat Analysis still works. I want Buff Bars to work too but it kind of defeats the purpose if you can't add potions.
Unread 09-06-2011, 08:05 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonspeed
I miss my travel window. Is it something that I can disable to test it for you. I have no experience making a plug in so I wouldn't know where to find the routine to disable.

I know it's not all plugins because Combat Analysis still works. I want Buff Bars to work too but it kind of defeats the purpose if you can't add potions.
I don't think BuffBars uses the backpack to actually get the potions because you still have to drag them into the quickslot. The function in BuffBars that calls the backpack is in CoolDownHelper (or something like that... going off memory). So I'm guessing it looks at the item in the backpack to determine the potion's cooldown, maybe?? Not sure until I look at it... but if that is the case, then disabling it may just mean that CD's don't show right.

Since beta is offline for a day or two I can't look at it now. But I think I finished up what I needed to for KragenBars minus some testing and tweaks. I'll take a look at both BuffBars and Travel on Thurs/Friday when Bullroarer is back online.
Unread 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM
The Wary

Crash with Plug ins

I am also playing in Beta and am having a similar issue with the plug ins. I use the Manager, Tonic Bars and Buff Bars.
Unread 09-08-2011, 09:32 PM
The Undying

Ok, I feel pretty confident that my original assumption was correct:

I disabled the entire function that checks the backpack out of Travel and the reference to that function. Then I played with just KragenBars and Travel enabled for about 30-40 minutes without a crash; looting a ton of stuff as I killed anything that moved. Then I enabled an un-edited BuffBars and crashed about 8 loots in.
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:47 PM
The Undying

Hopefully good news

It appears that today's patch (Wednesday 14 September) "fixed" the Lua interface issue (although no mention was made in the release notes) ... at least I managed to play after the patch for 4 hours with my primary plugins enabled for my RK doing assorted questing, mob looting and node farming... and no crashes.... previously I was only getting abut 20-30 minutes before a crash ... only time will tell.

Manager/Buff Bars/Tonic Bars/Travel
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
The Undying

I just ran Attack at Dawn skirmish to see if I still crash and sure enough I crashed about 5 minutes in after looting a Lt.

Here's my running plugins.

Unread 09-17-2011, 01:29 PM
The Undying

What got fixed? ... some stuff ... maybe...

It appears that the "GetBackPack()" call identified by Valdacil "might" be fixed.
I managed to get on briefly Thursday before RL intervened... got in another 2 hours without a crash. (Manager/Tonic Bars/Buff Bars/Mount Carousel HD). But only just now RL let me get back on....

I notice that Friday I missed Turbine's End of Beta announcement (Beta ends Monday the 19th) and event.

I can see that Jasonspeed's problem could be related to the "other" major change in Lua interface -- the Chat interface, which I'm guessing is what CombatAnalysis uses.

However, since there has been no Lua "release note" update or mention in the B4 release notes... we won't know till the game goes live.

Hopefully Narrel will release the Lua interface information BEFORE the 27th to allow folks to look at the issues.

As I recall, the last major Lua update which broke all the Plugins did NOT result in client crashes.... only failures of the Plugins.

I suspect we'll just have to keep an eye out on the download site for the API docs... and hope we get a notification of the update.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 09-18-2011, 08:54 AM
The Undying

Update...

I turned off Combat Analysis and was able to play for hours without crashing. Which is odd because before the B4 patch, CA was one of the plugins that didn't crash me.
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:22 PM
The Undefeated

Since CA works off of using a lot of loads of plugin data.... I wonder if there's not something in there...

That would explain why IoF is rock solid, yet Tobii keeps crashing, because Tobii saves fairly frequently (something I'm going to look into again once RoI goes live).

Edit:
Probably a red herring, looked back at the Tobii code, it's saving smartly, and only loading once. It had been a long while since I had looked at that part of the code, so was fuzzy on what it did.

But, IoF was rock solid through an IoF T2 run, yet Tobii would kill the client, and none of the plugins that I wrote to hammer the inventory API could force a crash to occur.

Last edited by Almagnus1 : 09-25-2011 at 02:07 AM.