lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-29-2012, 06:29 PM
The Wary

Exclamation Why does everything reset when I log off?

As the title saya, when I log in I have to individually set up all my plugins, configure them then play for a while. But when I log off every thing is lost and I have to set it all up again from scratch.

The built in plugin manager loads and unloads but will not remember settings such as load for all or load for character.

I've tried all sorts of things to try to make it work, even deleting and reinstalling the entire game and all the plugins, but nothing changes!

I'm new to lotro and perhaps I'm expecting too much but surely this is a pretty basic feature that should be possible.

If anyone has any suggestions at all I'd be really greatful.

Cheers

Unread 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Check your folder to make sure it isn't set to read only.
Unread 10-30-2012, 07:12 AM
The Wary

I think your probably right, having looked at the folder properties it is marked with a square indicating that sub folders/files are read only.
Problem is every time I uncheck it the properties reset so next time i look at the folder it is read only again!

Any ideas??

PS on win 7 64bit
Unread 10-30-2012, 08:51 AM
The Undying

are you clicking the [x] in upper right corner of windowed mode? If so stop logging out that way. It doesn't fully write out files if you do that. If you loggout through the ingame quit, it will.
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:39 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarwtr
are you clicking the [x] in upper right corner of windowed mode? If so stop logging out that way. It doesn't fully write out files if you do that. If you loggout through the ingame quit, it will.
No I always play fullscreen so logout the proper way

After looking into a bit more it seems I'm unable to manually change the file properties due User Account settings, so I'm looking for a workaround.
Unread 10-30-2012, 11:04 AM
The Undying

Very wierd that you should not be able to save into your Documents folder on Win7. Seems like your admins are super strict, or got the domain settings wrong.

I'd try running LOTRO with Administrator privileges if possible. Apparently you were able to save the plugins there, so you have write access; perhaps LOTRO needs more rights to write into that folder.

You can try moving the files to a folder that you can write to, and replacing the LOTRO-folder in Documents with a symbolic link using mklink:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogumil
Very wierd that you should not be able to save into your Documents folder on Win7. Seems like your admins are super strict, or got the domain settings wrong.

I'd try running LOTRO with Administrator privileges if possible. Apparently you were able to save the plugins there, so you have write access; perhaps LOTRO needs more rights to write into that folder.

You can try moving the files to a folder that you can write to, and replacing the LOTRO-folder in Documents with a symbolic link using mklink:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx
Yeah I have been looking at those but as this is a works laptop I'm running on at the moment I think it's simply a case of permissions, although I do appear to have admin rights and a#can assess command prompt and regedit for some reason even changing permissions by command prompt doesnt work

Guess I'll have to live with it for now
thanks anyway