lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 08-17-2010, 01:48 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Title Bar Positioning

So, one of the compilations that I am working on includes Minstrel-centric changes for my wife and I have been using some art from the skin: Allureah - Minstrel UI.

The skin has some neat musical notes on the sides of title bars for all the windows. The problem I am having however, is that any panel that is modified/resized currently in my skindef (crafting, dressing room, quest log) the tops of the notes are cut off, but any stock panel (character, bags) have it in tact.

I tried modifying the height of that element in the skindef file, but from what I can tell that did absolutely nothing. Help! What am I doing wrong?
Unread 08-17-2010, 04:47 PM
The Undying

could you post some screencaptures ?
Unread 08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
The Undying

I'l try to get some screenshots in the next couple of days. Haven't really had a chance to log in to do that.

I'm not sure what could cause the cropping of the titlebar only on modified panels. I'm sure I could figure it out if I had a reference for the stock panels, but no idea where or how that's calculated by the game.
Unread 08-29-2010, 12:19 PM
The Undying

Ok, I finally got around to doing some screenshots of my issue.

I've circled the windows that are custom/modified in red to show the clipping, and the stock windows in orange.

I also noticed varying degrees of the issue, for example the title bar when using the musical notes on Brygards dressing room is completely cut off on the left and the top is missing on the right.

I think that it has to do with the window's defined size, but everything that I've tried to change hasn't made any difference yet.

Unread 08-29-2010, 12:34 PM
The Undying

aye you are correct. the clipping happens because the art you're using is too large. basically every panel title use it's own default values and in same of them the stock art just barely fits into the frame that is defined. You could in theory enlarge the used area in every panel to make it large enough for you art but that's a huge amount of work.

Best way to do it is to design your title art so that it doesn't go higher than the stock art.