lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 12-29-2013, 09:17 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Question Modular information display

This post is not a request but rather a place to brainstorm ideas if and how a modular information display similar to TitanBar could be implemented. While TitanBar has a great amount of options and can be customized to personal taste, expanding it with new "controls" is tedious and every control has to be approved and integrated by Habna, TitanBar's developer. What I have in mind however (inspired by similar systems in other MMOs) is creating a framework that can create a display similar to TitanBar, with the information on it provided by different plugins that can each be written by a different author and even existing plugins having the possibility to create "controls" so their functionality is accessed by a click on a TitanBar control instead of a floating button (travelwindow, combatanalysis, recipetracker come to mind) or shell command (festivalbuddy, hytboldassistant).

I am a programmer myself but have little experience working with plugins in LOTRO yet. I am looking for more experienced people to give me input about an API for such a framework, and how to set it up in regards to software architecture; ideas what controls could be implemented can be discussed later when the framework exists.
Unread 12-29-2013, 11:58 AM
The Undying

I am unsure of how to reply to this post without going into how I would program such an extension!

I can, however, say that if such a plugin existed I would with great pleasure support it.

It should have a standard structure - perhaps a table function - which we could then insert information into such as;

{"Path to an icon", "Text description", "Data", "Function called when clicked"}

Would it really need anything else?
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:59 PM
The Undying

I hope I can write down some ideas I had during the week and post them here for more feedback.