lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 06-24-2010, 03:21 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Help me to position my xp bar please or to hide it

Hello

After two days, I am asking for your help please.

I tried to center my xp bar under the main bar attacks and my quickslots and/or to hide it to only keep the text, but it seems that I do something wrong.

My resolution is 1680X1050 with a ratio of 16:9

here is the code I tried without succes to adapt.

Code:
      <Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain" X="0" Y="115" Width="1024" Height="90"></Element>
      <Element ID="Gameplay_AtunementUI" X="237" Y="116" Width="88" Height="60">
        <Element ID="PipDisplay_Atunement_Pips" X="0" Y="0" Width="88" Height="60"></Element>
      </Element>
      <Element ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay" X="236" Y="115" Width="90" Height="42"></Element>
      <Element ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay" X="236" Y="115" Width="90" Height="42"></Element>
      <Element ID="LevelMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1">
        <Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> 
          <Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> 
            <Element ID="meter_fill" X="0" Y="0" Width="401" Height="6"> 
              <Element ID="meter_fill_image" X="0" Y="0" Width="401" Height="6"></Element>
            </Element>
          </Element>
          <Element ID="meter_fill" X="0" Y="0" Width="400" Height="6"
            <Element ID="meter_fill_image" X="0" Y="0" Width="400" Height="6"></Element>
          </Element>
        </Element>
(I am not the author of the UI, I am just adapting the bar for me. My UI is composed of parts from Ultraminimal, and some from Amalise with some modifications I did) Once done to my taste I will made a post to thank the creators and tell them what I did.
Unread 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
The Undying

The XP bar is a 'child' of the Main Tool Bar (letterbox). You should be able to place the xp bar underneath your skill bars if you move the XP bar more to the right inside the main tool bar.
But I bet Daimon comes with a better and more thorough answer

Last edited by Wicked Mouse : 06-28-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Unread 06-27-2010, 02:45 PM
The Undying

Hello there,

first you have a slight error in your code, if you set the main XP bar frame size at 1.1
<Element ID="LevelMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1">
then the embedded
<Element ID="meter_fill" X="0" Y="0" Width="401" Height="6">
<Element ID="meter_fill" X="0" Y="0" Width="400" Height="6">

Might not work correctly.

In your example the <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot" X="630" Y="1000" Width="420" Height="35" /> line is missing.

I guess you have it in your code as it's the one that sets the position of the quickslot bar.

You have to use the same X position for the <Element ID="LevelMeter" X="328" Y="1041" Width="1024" Height="6"> that you used for the Quickslot one.

The length of you LevelMeter bar should be set to the one of your Quickslot bar if you want to center it on just the one of the left or double it if you want to center it up to the 2 quickslot bars.

here's an example but with the attack button in the middle of the screen, might help you understanding how it works
Code:
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_Toolbar">
<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="0" Y="0" Width="1680" Height="1050" Detach="1">
  <Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain" X="328" Y="962" Width="1024" Height="1050" /> 
  <Element ID="LevelMeter" X="328" Y="1041" Width="1024" Height="6">
   <Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="3" Y="0" Width="1018" Height="4">
    <Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="3" Y="0" Width="1018" Height="4" />
   </Element>
   <Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
   <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
   <Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
  </Element>

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot" X="630" Y="1000" Width="420" Height="35" /> 
  <!--  quickslot location. X values 0-1260 (Center=630 for 1680x1050) / Y values 0-1000   --> 

<Element ID="AutoAttackIndicatorButton" X="800" Y="826" Width="79" Height="79" /> 
  <Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="808" Y="836" Width="63" Height="63" /> 
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_AutoAttack_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 

<Element ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay" X="795" Y="813" Width="90" Height="41" /> 
  <Element ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay" X="795" Y="813" Width="90" Height="41" /> 
  <Element ID="Gameplay_AtunementUI" X="795" Y="813" Width="90" Height="41"> 
   <Element ID="PipDisplay_Atunement_Pips" X="0" Y="0" Width="90" Height="41" /> 
  </Element>

<Element ID="ToolBarButton_MainMenu" X="615" Y="1039" Width="450" Height="8" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_CustomizeSlots" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_1" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_2" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_3" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_4" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_5" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_6" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_7" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_1" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_2" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_3" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_4" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
    <Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_5" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
  </Element>
</PanelFile>
Unread 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
The Undying

THank you for the help

though it is not working, probably because I want the game to use my UI with a 80% settings for everything.

And doing this, throw immediatly up the quickslot bar and xp bar (almost middle of the screen).

I will try to work differently and see what I can do.

My brain will probably explose soon but well at least I hope to succeed.
Unread 06-28-2010, 05:31 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eili
THank you for the help

though it is not working, probably because I want the game to use my UI with a 80% settings for everything.

And doing this, throw immediatly up the quickslot bar and xp bar (almost middle of the screen).

I will try to work differently and see what I can do.

My brain will probably explose soon but well at least I hope to succeed.
You can do that with 80% just be sure the Y position in the below line is way bigger than your screen resolution and Lotro will always bring back the Quckslot bar at the bottom, do the same for the Xp bar.

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot" X="630" Y="1000" Width="420" Height="35" />
<!-- quickslot location. X values 0-1260 (Center=630 for 1680x1050) / Y values 0-1000 -->
Unread 06-29-2010, 03:38 AM
The Undying

After some new hours .... *wonder if my brain is getting older than my bones*... I managed to center the xp bar and get something quite good.

Thanks a lot to you Deewe without you I would have give up

---

I will have to work on all that a bit later again to understand fully the ratio with Quickslot and xp bar and .... the attack button (with the layers) but for now its almost what I wanted so I take a little break.

I tested your UI Deewe (at least I tried , but I was not enough good to understand how to use the xls programm. So I gave up. (and also I wanted the attack button down near the xp bar but could not move it ... I think after all those hours spend on the UI my brain was on strike and decided I better stop.

I will try again in some days.

Thank you again
Unread 06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eili
After some new hours .... *wonder if my brain is getting older than my bones*... I managed to center the xp bar and get something quite good.

Thanks a lot to you Deewe without you I would have give up

---

I will have to work on all that a bit later again to understand fully the ratio with Quickslot and xp bar and .... the attack button (with the layers) but for now its almost what I wanted so I take a little break.

I tested your UI Deewe (at least I tried , but I was not enough good to understand how to use the xls programm. So I gave up. (and also I wanted the attack button down near the xp bar but could not move it ... I think after all those hours spend on the UI my brain was on strike and decided I better stop.

I will try again in some days.

Thank you again
Just pm me and we can set up a skype/msn voice chat so I can help you out.