lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-18-2013, 09:56 PM
The Wary

enemy health bars and name plates

I am relatively new to LotRO and I am wondering if there is any type of addon/skin/mod that will allow me to see the health bars of all the enemies around me. In my past MMO experience I was able to see and click on the nameplates/health bars of any enemy in my immediate vicinity. I am playing a guardian and I find it difficult to accurately and quickly target the monsters I want to attack after the pull has been initiated since the only visible health bar is coming from what I already have targeted. Is there anything UI wise that can be done to help with this? Or will I just have to get used to it?

I have looked at a lot of the packages offered here and have not encountered anything that would help with this. If I missed it I do apologize and I appreciate your help.
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:29 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

LotRO doesn't normally allow you to keep track of an enemy that is not targeted by yourself or a raid target assist. I say "normally" because there is one little trick that can sometimes help but it takes some getting used to. LotRO allows you to create a "detached tooltip" which is a persistant tooltip that you can use to keep track of enemies. To create a detached tooltip, hover your mouse over an enemy (or any NPC or object) and press "H". For enemies, the name, brief description and health bar will be displayed in a tooltip. You can display many tooltips simultaneously and move them around as long as you don't hit escape or close them. Clicking on a detached tooltip will switch target to that enemy.

They take a bit of getting used to, especially since hitting "escape" will close them all. When the enemy dies you will have to manually close the tooltip or it will sit there with a grey healthbar. One downside is that the tooltips will stop working if the enemy goes out of range. Once you do get used to them, you can fairly easily keep track of multiple enemies.

Last edited by Garan : 10-18-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:23 PM
The Wary

thanks!