lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM
The Undefeated

The One Bag changes...

Loving the new Lua scripts so far, but I have a request.
Would it be possible for someone to release a new version of The One Bag that will allow users to scale the size of the icons, and also maybe one with a bit less border/background to it?

I'm certain this is something that will come about eventually, but I figure I'd put in a request here and see if any of you guys would be up to trying that.
Unread 09-12-2010, 11:34 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I would love any link to download a onebag addon.....please
Unread 09-13-2010, 05:14 AM
The Undefeated

There is one in the example addon pack you pretty much need to make most addons work properly. http://content.turbine.com/sites/lot..._LuaPlugins.7z
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:20 AM
The Undying

Thanks. I think I am going to try to seperate it and redistribute it for people that want it without all of the other things.

Last edited by Olenn : 09-18-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:05 PM
The Wary

I'd love to see a version of TheOneBag with this look in mind - A plugin that has no background or title or silly borders.
Unread 09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
The Undying

I know that everyone has been talking about plugins that are like the OneBag but I have just been using the UI skin Borderless bags by Rushl. To me, that seems like what most of the people are looking for. lol As far as making a plugin like that, I don't see what the difference between a bag plugin or bags with an altered skin would be. lol

Hope this helps a bit.

~~Thay
Unread 09-20-2010, 04:49 PM
The Undying

Actually I think it would be great idea to make such a plugin.
The original one bag isn't something I would use, mainly because of the scrollbar - I want to see all my stuff at once .. and not particularly in a one huge pile..

A plugin that would arrange bag slots like that 5x15 columns (and perhaps optional 5x15 rows and 8x9(+2) square that you could choose from the options instead) would be awesome.

Rushl modification is great (my respect to that great mod), but it has a few disadvantages that the plugin version could solve, like the one described above.

Also plugin version would be a lot easier to move around as a skin mod you have 5 different bags to move around (and to be honest the moving isn't very user friendly). + it would make it more easier for skin authors to have this function optional if it's a separate plugin as they wouldn't have to make the choice of including or not including it to their skins, a user could make that decision.

So combination of rushl minipacks and The OneBag would be a very welcome plugin in my opinion.
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
The Undying

Well, when you put it that way, it doesn't sound half bad. lol

~~Thay
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon
Actually I think it would be great idea to make such a plugin.
The original one bag isn't something I would use, mainly because of the scrollbar - I want to see all my stuff at once .. and not particularly in a one huge pile..

A plugin that would arrange bag slots like that 5x15 columns (and perhaps optional 5x15 rows and 8x9(+2) square that you could choose from the options instead) would be awesome.

Rushl modification is great (my respect to that great mod), but it has a few disadvantages that the plugin version could solve, like the one described above.

Also plugin version would be a lot easier to move around as a skin mod you have 5 different bags to move around (and to be honest the moving isn't very user friendly). + it would make it more easier for skin authors to have this function optional if it's a separate plugin as they wouldn't have to make the choice of including or not including it to their skins, a user could make that decision.

So combination of rushl minipacks and The OneBag would be a very welcome plugin in my opinion.
Provided of course, that at some point Turbine lets one "mod" hand talk to the other. Another alternative however, is for plugin authors themselves to provide skinning support to their plugins - something that should be pretty possible - thanks to the plugindata files.

All plugindata files are essentially lua scripts that consist of a table with all the necessary settings. So, two of these could be used in combination in order to create something similar to the existing skinning system.

Step 1. Have a plugindata file named "Skin", that consists of all additional skin names for that plugin (i.e.)

Code:
return
{
     ["SkinNames"] =
     {
          [1]="mySkin"
          [2]="otherSkin"
     }
}
Step 2, have a plugindata file named for each skin (i.e. with the example in mind: mySkin.pluginData and otherSkin.pluginData). Each of these would have the necessary size and position information of all elements, and relative paths to the images.

Step 3. Provide code within the plugin to handle parsing the skin settings, and have the code handle the positioning/resizing/images of that new skin.

I'm going to be working on implementing such a thing for adding custom bar shapes/sizes to Palantir - but it could work equally as well for those authors that want to provide skinning support to their plugins.