02-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Join Date: Jan 2007
(LotRO) Update 15.2 Release Notes, 04 Feb 2015
Of Special Note
New Roving Threats
- As the War of the Ring intensifies, new threats have come to Middle-earth! Powerful servants of the Enemy can now be found in Angmar, Forochel, Western Gondor, and the Misty Mountains. For those bold enough to stand against these foes, new and unique rewards can be obtained by claiming the brands they bear.
- Note: The existing Roving Threats of Central Gondor will also drop these brands.
- Roving threats: Weapon rewards received via barter are now bind on Acquire.
Source and full patch notes
- The Full Screen checkbox in Graphics Options has been replaced by the Screen Mode dropdown, from which you can select Windowed, Full Screen, and, in Windows builds, Full Screen (Windowed). The latter option runs the game in a borderless window at desktop resolution.
- A Reflecting Pool for Central Gondor can now be found in the town of Linhir, and it contains several instances from the region as well as 'Even In Darkness.
- Some phantom mapnotes have been removed in order to cut down on confusion. Nothing to see here!
- Mathoms and Well-kept Mathoms can now be used at level 20 and higher.
- Players who are sitting, lying down, or fainted will no longer stand up upon entering AFK state.
- Pets should no longer attempt to engage enemies that attacked you while you were mounted but which are now long gone.
- A New Reflecting Pool for West Gondor added to the Court of the Prince in Dol Amroth Many instances added to the West Gondor Reflecting Pools found near Morlad and in Dol Amroth
- When accepting quests, there's a new indicator that shows you when the quest being picked up is repeatable.
- Dead Marshes - Warband: The Lone Hunter - Sorzur is easier to defeat solo now
- Southern Bree-fields - Quest: Rogue's Gallery - Brigand's note no longer goes to Pending Loot
- Archet - Intro: The Wolves of the Ruins - Blackwold Wolf-Master no longer freezes if you try talking to him before he finishes his drama
- Ered Luin: Gondamon - Kolskegg the Healer is now Pall the Healer as to be confused with Kolskegg Gemcounter.
- Lone-lands - Quest: Iron-jaws / Deed: Warg Slayer - A couple of warg dens have been added to the Lonelands to make finding wargs easier
- Moria Instance: Greet the Sun - You can't go outside until after you talk to Svanr now
- Located a possible culprit for unexpected shallow-water dismounts. Please continue to inform us of situations/locations where you were improperly dismounted from a Warsteed or regular Mount -- but hopefully now you won't have to!
- Skirmish-specific stat breakdowns on the Skirmish Panel are sorted alphabetically by Skirmish name rather than randomly.
- Additional physics work for Captain Noreth, who should now be even less likely to fall through her boat.
- Inspired Greatness could stack a lot of icons for I.4.5, but now they will be limited to just the icons there should be.
- Several of the NPCs in Tur Morva were mistaking Beornings for Hobbits. They've been given some instructional charts and diagrams and should now be able to tell the difference. The hairy toes were throwing them off.
- Some NPCs had animation errors in the 'Hatred of Bear and Man' instance, but now they should display properly.
- Some of Legolas's lines were getting lost during 'Sons of Leaf and Stone' and will now display properly.
- The Clan Hunters around Aughaire were confused and believed they could drop pages for Beorning class books. They have been told otherwise, and they (and you!) should now be less confused.
- The textures for the Suitable Tinder in Volume IV, Book 2 have been cleaned up.
- An issue with secondary map flags doubling up has been addressed
- Characters who failed the "Celebrating Sunshine" deed before it was hotfixed can now earn the "Sunshine" title.
- Players who used Gift of the Valar can now pick up the quest "A Tortured Mind" in the Entwash Vale
- The War-steed Cosmetic Set - Wintry Yule Appearance item is once again usable even if you already have the caparison trait.
- The name of the alert that informs you of new Epic Battle cashout loot no longer mentions "Helm's Deep"
- Fixed an issue where class specific essences could benefit any class. These essences will now only apply their benefits if you are the listed class.