lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 08-05-2017, 02:09 AM
The Wary

Quick way to swap traits and weapons

Wondering if there are any plugins or UI elements out there which allow you to:

1. Quickly change trait trees via a single button instead of having to open the trait window, select and confirm,

2. Switch weapons, particularly between Two-Handed and two-weapon combos either as a single click or, ideally, in combination with a trait change.

I'd like to be able to swap from 2W red line into TH yellow line quickly in combat to go from single target to area effect without all the current hassle.

Thanks
Unread 08-05-2017, 02:44 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I don't think you can change trait trees in combat.

Regardless, plugins cannot interact with traits, so you'll get no help there.

As for switching weapons, there are plugins that can help (SequenceBars or BuildSwapper) but you'll need a minimum of two clicks to equip two weapons.
Unread 08-05-2017, 05:22 AM
The Wary

Thanks for the info.

You are correct that you cannot swap while actively in combat, but if I kill a single target and see a pile of goobers running towards me (or vice versa) I'm hoping for a quick way to switch builds and weapons in the brief interval of being out of combat.

Will give the plugins a try for item swaps - looks like one of them could also be a better way of handling warden gambits than the postit note I currently have stuck to my screen.
Unread 08-08-2017, 09:03 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pengie
Thanks for the info.

You are correct that you cannot swap while actively in combat, but if I kill a single target and see a pile of goobers running towards me (or vice versa) I'm hoping for a quick way to switch builds and weapons in the brief interval of being out of combat.

Will give the plugins a try for item swaps - looks like one of them could also be a better way of handling warden gambits than the postit note I currently have stuck to my screen.

Regarding the Warden, there are Warden specific plugins like WardenEase that do exactly that.

As for the "in combat" part that is a very specific thing to say given the context of LOTRO, as it is an on/off state in the game. If you mean a break in fighting, that is not per definition "in combat" as per what it specifically means in the game.

Finally, I can confirm that there is no way to quickly switch builds. Fastest would be to memorize the keybind that opens build window to open that and click.
There are other ways to do it with external software but the level of automation would break ToS for botting for sure, so not going to go into that.