lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Question about attack animation circle and Req.

Is it possible to make a plug in to remove or make invisible the attack animation circle button?

I'm not talking about the skin art but the animation itself,the only way for me to remove it is by adding the:

Code:
<Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="249" Y="133" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
and set the width and height 1's.

See the problem is when you add the toolbar panel id you need to manually move the main toolbar for different resolution and that's I don't want to mess with.

All I want is lua plug in to remove the attack animation when your attacking something.

I never really got into the lua programming,so I'm requesting for one if possible please.

Thanks!
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brygard2007
Is it possible to make a plug in to remove or make invisible the attack animation circle button?

I'm not talking about the skin art but the animation itself,the only way for me to remove it is by adding the:

Code:
<Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="249" Y="133" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
and set the width and height 1's.

See the problem is when you add the toolbar panel id you need to manually move the main toolbar for different resolution and that's I don't want to mess with.

All I want is lua plug in to remove the attack animation when your attacking something.

I never really got into the lua programming,so I'm requesting for one if possible please.

Thanks!
The way Lua works in LotRO is quite a bit different than it works in say, WoW. Unlike WoW, LotRO's UI is not written in Lua, so it can't directly interact with the client or the server. It essentially boils down to this:

LotRO skinning is for editing the appearance of existing elements, while the Lua API is for adding new elements and using data available to it to display information differently.

With the exception of being able to hide/override some of the standard LotRO UI elements, the API cannot actually modify the appearance of any existing, native LotRO UI element, nor does it have any influence on the actual game assets.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-23-2010, 12:06 AM
The Undying

Ok,thanks for the info.