lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 10-25-2012, 04:57 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quickslot arrows adjustment

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I'm attempting to get the quickslot arrows to be horizontal instead of vertical as I have been working on something that will look exceptionally awesome if it's horizontal.

I've been trying to get it to work here's the code I have.

Code:
			<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" 								X="664" 	Y="228" 	Width="80" 		Height="26"	/>
				<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" 							X="-5" 		Y="0" 		Width="86" 		Height="26"> 
					<Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up" 							X="0" 		Y="0" 		Width="20" 		Height="17"	/>
					<Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down" 							X="0" 		Y="10" 		Width="20" 		Height="16"	/>
					<Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator" 						X="0" 		Y="20" 		Width="20" 		Height="25"	/>
					<Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon" 							X="0" 		Y="30" 		Width="26" 		Height="26"	/>
				</Element>
problem is it's three in the morning and I've been at this for about 6 hours... this is the very last thing to be completed before I can release DaimonUI purple (sorry no mini or blue version/ universal yet, once I'm done with this the code will work for the blue version, just have to redo some art that I added to make it match the blue)

Either way, I figured I'd see if any of you could help me with this. I'll be back at it after work tomorrow night.
Unread 10-25-2012, 06:53 PM
The Undying

Do you mean something like this?

If so, mapping, zip of rotated arrows and code I used is below.
Don't know exactly what it is, but simply moving some of the element positions into certain areas completely stops your skin from loading. I found once I had a working layout, could then reposition the entire thing with the x and y tags in the line of the first "Element ID"

Code:
    <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="1300" Y="155" Width="85" Height="64"> 
      <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="-5" Y="0" Width="81" Height="64"> 
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up" X="8" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down" X="51" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator" X="28" Y="11" Width="10" Height="25"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon" X="24" Y="11" Width="26" Height="26"> </Element>
      </Element>
    </Element>
Code:
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Press.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Press.tga"></Mapping>
Zip file of rotated arrow images: http://goo.gl/RYOSf

Last edited by Delone : 10-25-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:22 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delone
Do you mean something like this?

If so, mapping, zip of rotated arrows and code I used is below.
Don't know exactly what it is, but simply moving some of the element positions into certain areas completely stops your skin from loading. I found once I had a working layout, could then reposition the entire thing with the x and y tags in the line of the first "Element ID"

Code:
    <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="1300" Y="155" Width="85" Height="64"> 
      <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="-5" Y="0" Width="81" Height="64"> 
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up" X="8" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down" X="51" Y="13" Width="20" Height="20"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator" X="28" Y="11" Width="10" Height="25"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon" X="24" Y="11" Width="26" Height="26"> </Element>
      </Element>
    </Element>
Code:
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowDown_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowRight_Press.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Roll" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Roll.tga"></Mapping>
       <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowUp_Press" FileName="letterbox_bottom_Switch_ArrowLeft_Press.tga"></Mapping>
Zip file of rotated arrow images: http://goo.gl/RYOSf
Thank you that's awesome
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:13 PM
The Undying

Edited original image to include second layout example, the one that I'm actually using myself.
Thought I'd include it here for anyone who wanted a layout that fits better with other toolbar buttons (change x and y co-ordinates in first line to reposition within toolbar).

May need to refresh page to get edited image if you've recently viewed the original image.

Code:
    <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="1340" Y="155" Width="25" Height="64"> 
      <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page" X="-5" Y="0" Width="31" Height="64"> 
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Up" X="8" Y="12" Width="20" Height="17"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Down" X="8" Y="23" Width="20" Height="16"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Indicator" X="2507" Y="16" Width="10" Height="25"> </Element>
        <Element ID="Quickslot_Page_Icon" X="2503" Y="16" Width="26" Height="26"> </Element>
      </Element>
    </Element>

Last edited by Delone : 10-25-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Unread 10-26-2012, 03:52 AM
The Undying

awesome thanks for the help, I was definitely too tired and after looking at it again today I figured out where I was messing it up and viola.... finished.

you guys are great